Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 01-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Atolmasoff

Atolmasoff is on a distinguished road
SotF seeking immortals of ALL kinds!!!

Hello all,

A few years ago, I started work on a Rom 2.4 MUD. I was very pleased with the directions it was headed, and I thought it had a lot of potential. I've recently re-launched and I'm looking for an immortal staff to help me run this MUD.

It's named Sanctuary of the Forsaken, and I'm making a tribute to a MUD I used to play, that had long died. I'm obviously going to make it my own, but I want it to feel like this MUD did. I plan on making plenty of time for it, but the problem I encountered last time was staff with decent skills, but nobody I could trust with getting builders in, trained, and building. I need someone who can handle running things when I am not on.

Some of the things I've added, but are not limited to:

- Menu based creation.
- Clan Rankings w/ specific permissions based on ranks. Improved clan chat and added a clan roster command.
- Custom Arena Code. Not 100% functional, but only requires minor tweaks for completion.
- An Automated Auction house.
- PC Corpses save through boots/crash etc.
- Extended Exits. (NE, NW, SE, SW)
- Item Classes for most armor slots. (Cloth/Leather/Mail/Plate)
- Player Owned House code I am working on. It is also mostly operational, but may still have bugs.

That is the list of things I've added to it since it's start. That is not to mention the many featured I have included in my QuickMUD Advanced code. (Room/Object Programs, Improved Channels, etc.)

So back to my point... I'm looking for a compident player, who has alot of experience with Rom/Rot based MUDs. I need them to be able to build, check builder's areas, and help me bring in talent, and take out trash. I'm confident with some TLC and the right admin/builders, this MUD will have solid foundation to build a good community off of.

The theme is just general fantasy. I'm not too particular about what gets put in, but as long as it fits, and the players enjoy it. I'm planning on keeping the stock Rom 2.4 areas, with large changes to some. However, I do want them all re-done. They need to be updated to fit with our time, adjusted to fit the evolving scheme for combat, and all of the armor in the game will need to be modified to fit with the new item class system.

So there is plenty of work to be done and alot of it is tedious, but personally, fun. I hope this can peak some of your interests, and motivate you to drop on in.

Andrew Tolmasoff
Phate

Sanctuary of the Forsaken:
MUD: forsaken.mudhosting.net 1111

E-Mail:
Atolmasoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Atolmasoff

Atolmasoff is on a distinguished road
Re: SotF seeking immortals of ALL kinds!!!

Just wanted to post an update for everyone.

The MUD is still going strong. We have a decent little staff getting underway, but are still looking for more! We are also looking for some player testers at this point as well.

For the testers, not a ton will be required this second. We're working on designing low level areas and gear for players to work their way through. But to avoid having my staff stop and start to test player features, having a few folks who wouldn't mind a fun group of people to chat with, while at the same time helping us test some things out.

We're also looking for more builders. I have acquired another coder, and one of his students as well (as a builder). We also have several other immortals participating in Building, and re-modeling of the MUD. What I need from new builders is one of two choices:

1. Re-vamp a stock Rom 2.4 area, adding mobs/gear fitting guidelines, and of multiple armor types.
2. Working on a new area from scratch.

Either works just fine for me, and we are not in a massive rush. You will not be under silly deadlines, or under an over watching eye. We'll check your area when you're done, and you don't have to be online 20+ hours and working 2/3 of it. This is a hobby and a game, I don't expect you to treat it as anything otherwise.

My programmer and I are working on a list of things to finish up code wise, and will begin on a list of new things to get working on.

We've also started a wordpress we invite everyone to participate in to help suggest new ideas for the MUD, or communicate with us when we're not online. (Some of us work 40+, so we're not ALWAYS there)

I hope this post finds you well, and you didn't get too bored reading it! If you're interested in dropping by, the MUD information is posted above, and I'll re-post below!

MUD: forsaken.mudhosting.net 1111
Atolmasoff is offline   Reply With Quote