Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 07-24-2005, 04:48 PM   #41
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
It's better that she at least came here in person this time instead of using a puppet, it has more dignity.  Though has anyone read the actual thread on Mud Labs that was linked to earlier?  She acts as if she doesn't care, but then she comes back anyway.

Observe this post by Molly after Alayla (AKA Angie) says that she posted a rebuttal for her:
(note: the words in brackets were added to make it easier for those who did not read the thread, she did not write the parts in brackets but they clarify what she is talking about)

This message was posted on July 22nd, yet on July 24th, she came back here and posted.  I don't see why it was necessary to come back, though it was nice to have someone show their face, she had said that she was NOT going to come back.  All I'm saying is, that if she truly left these boards she would not care about what someone here says, and this would have all passed very quickly if the flames were not fanned by the very person who claimed to "not care" about here anymore.

is the aforementioned forum thread at Mud Labs, you can review the evidence and draw your own conclusions, but essentially there will be the same points.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:59 PM   #42
cron0s

cron0s is on a distinguished road
Hey thanks for sharing your insight into the situation. I feel I now have a much sounder grasp of this very important issue.

+1.
cron0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:47 PM   #43
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
I amend my previous conclusion as to why this forum has spiraled downwards so quickly to "Medievia. And horrible moderation."
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:52 PM   #44
Hardestadt

Hardestadt is on a distinguished road
Then why don't you move on, too?

H
Hardestadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #45
Daedroth

Daedroth is on a distinguished road
Why don't you move on, fool? We all have a reason to be here, yet yours seems to be more bent on just being a troll.

This whole topic is uninteresting, and unexciting. I come here to read about topics that are somewhat helpful to my brain. This forum has become more of a gossip magazine, offering nothing but useless drivel and ads.

I realize that many of my posts dont contain much, but theres nothing interesting to post on a thread that isnt interesting.
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #46
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:55 AM   #47
bullseye

bullseye is on a distinguished road
So... does this thread count as part of that "excellent discussion" to which you refer?

I never post here, but lurk fairly often in the hopes that there is an interesting discussion or two to read.  Sometimes there is, sometimes there is not.  I have observed (anecdotally) that of the main MUD discussion boards, this one appears to be the worst for flames and just senseless crap.  

FWIW, I believe that the sorry state of these forums can not be attributed to just one poster, or even a handful of posters. I think it is obtuse to assume otherwise.
bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:46 AM   #48
Ilkidarios

Well, how long have you been lurking?  Were you here before Medievia happened? If you were, you must have an odd sense of interesting discussions, because you hadn't posted then.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:32 AM   #49
Daedroth

Daedroth is on a distinguished road
Yes, I have been lurking for a very long time. I came out of permanent lurking when the medievia incident happened...(Points at his join date) It took two or three weeks for my profile to be accepted however, and so i was a little late.

I consider interesting discussions those that dont involve talking about people behind their backs,  the person getting talked about breaking their promise, coming back and making a statement, and then the people ragging on the person some more. Does that give you more insight on what I consider an interesting conversation?
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:49 AM   #50
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
You mean, will she come crawling back to TMS with her tail between her legs, like you and the rest of the_logos' lackies did after your forums flopped?

I doubt it, because the forums she's involved with seem to be doing pretty well. And it's obviously hitting a nerve with you that someone you refer to as "wanna-be-mud-developer" has managed to succeed where you failed - which is rather ironic, considering you're the one who's always accusing other people of being jealous.

No, they're not. They were much improved after you and the_logos went away, but returned to the usual flame-wars after your forums failed and you came back here. Now that Molly, Tyche, and many of the others who actually contributed something to the discussion have left, the discussions have pretty much sunk to an all-time low. Brody's obviously been desparately trying to start any sort of useful discussion he can think of, even bumping up old threads to try and spark some interest, but when the main posters are the 'dregs' of the forum, like Ilkidarios and Jazuela, or people who only post to advertise their own games (and then bump them every few days, something which certain commercial muds are particularly noterious for) then it's hardly surprising that the quality of the discussions have fallen.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:32 AM   #51
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
The only forum I have created is for Threshold RPG, which for the past 12 months has:

Threads: 2,068, Posts: 33,846

Is that a flop?

You need to do better research. Once gain KaVir, you have totally embarassed and humiliated yourself by letting yourself get blinded by your hatred. You see conspiracies and allegiances where they do not exist.

Honestly, that's wonderful. I have already said I am thrilled she is elsewhere. I hope her forum continues to bring her and its participants enjoyment. I am not a hateful person like you, so I do not wish failure on others in order to obtain personal gratification. I really feel sorry for you, since you measure joy by the failures or mistakes of people you hate. Whatever happened in your life to make you need someone else's failure for your own happiness must have been really terrible, and I hope you are able to heal from it some day.

You have really come unhinged. I have never failed to create a forum. My company has been a commercial success for 10 years. I have no idea what you are babbling about. Being jealous of someone for creating a forum is something most normal, well-adjusted people would not even dream up as being possible. What is to be jealous of? That makes no sense at all. How you can even imagine such crazy things is very disturbing.

KaVir, at this point you are really acting like an ignoramus. I never created a forum with the_logos. That is a fact. Accept it or continue to look like a total buffoon every single time you post.

Furthermore, if you had half a clue about anything, you would stop lumping the_logos and I together. You come off as a totally obsessed, paranoid freak every time you do it. Now, I personally could care less if you choose to do that. The guy is very successful and has a lot more to be proud of than pure-talk, no-walk folks like yourself and Molly. But you really do look ridiculous when you insist on doing it.

If the quality of posting here has gone down, then please don't let the screen door hit you in the butt on the way out. Your wild-eyed craziness is not interesting, productive, or even sane. You destroyed all semblance of a positive reputation in the MUD community over these crusades of yours. You're nothing but a joke now. A sad, pale shadow of what you once were.

Now, before I close, let me help you out so you don't even have to bother replying:

Lap dog

lackey

MEDIEVIA MEGASUXORZZZZZ

the_logos R suq. His forums r crapz.

KaVir asumes the "I am a psychotic, obsessed maniac" stance.
KaVir slobbers all over you and you are blinded by the froth.

(If you don't get the last one, study up on KaVir's recent "work").

That's your last 5-10 years of contributions to mudding in a nutshell. Congrats.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:40 AM   #52
Threshold
Legend

And yet you posted in this thread.... twice (and counting).

*chuckle*
Old 07-25-2005, 06:37 AM   #53
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
I'm referring to the forums created by the_logos', which you were involved with, as well you know.

I don't wish failure on others, I simply find it sad when those who fail then take their anger out on those who haven't. You are without doubt one of the most hateful posters I've encountered on these forums, and I can't remember the last time I saw you post something that wasn't an attack on someone else. You must live a very sad little life, that you have to take out your insecurities on others.

It's far more appropriate than your lumping of Molly and Angie together. You appear to have given up any opinions or personality of your own, and instead do nothing but sing his praise - on the other hand, Angie simply agreed to post Molly's point of view so that Molly wouldn't have to come back to the forums after saying she'd left.

I find that rather amusing, coming from the person who's 'work' consists of taking a copy of Astaria (based on MudOS), making a few tweaks to it, then claiming that it's no longer an LPmud while conveniently ignoring the "may not be used in any way whatsoever for monetary gain" MudOS clause. But then again, innovation never was your strong point (unless you count $200 'donations' for eq-saving lockers).
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:11 AM   #54
Valg

You have a funny way of showing that.  When you mention all of the pointless flame wars, are you sure you aren't part of the problem, Threshold?

From this thread:
Old 07-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #55
Threshold
Legend

So I am a "creator/founder" of every forum I post on? Does that mean I get credit for these forums as well? If I go over to Molly's forum and post, do I get credit should they succeed? Can I also take credit for slashdot, HardOCP, and other forums I participate in?

Dr. Richard Bartle also posted on the_logos' forum (quite frequently). Is Dr. Bartle a failure too?

Do you have ANY idea how utterly ridiculous you sound? It is truly hilarious.

Actually, its quite clear that you take personal glee in the failures, however small and inconsequential, of anyone you hate. You prove it here on an almost daily basis. You cannot run from your own reputation.

Now you're just projecting.

When you've run a successful gaming company for 10 years, get back to me with your judgements.

My success, and that of other people you hate (for example, the_logos), must absolutely drive you bonkers. Since your happiness clearly hinges on the failures of people you dislike, their continued success must absolutely bind your panties in a knot.

Your motivations are incredibly transparent, KaVir.

Until then, go back to your silly, ridiculous game that sounds like a couple of children on a playground:

"I ASSUME TEH 'HOLY CRAPZ I AM DEH UBERZ' STANCE"

"WAIT! I ASSUME THE 'ANTI-UBER STANCE', YOU CAN'T GET THROUGH THAT"

"BUT NO! I ASSUME THE 'SUPER MEGA KILLAZ STANCE'. YOUR HEAD IS DECAPITATED! HAHA IT ROLLS ON DER GROUND! I AM TEH WINZ!"

Maybe if you'd spent less time on your hateful crusades and more time on game development, you could have done a bit better.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:41 PM   #56
Ilkidarios

It's these flames that are causing the degradation of the forum.  I understand how I may be considered "dregs", no one here has ever thought particularly highly of me, but I don't think Jazuela should be lumped together with me.  

KaVir and Threshold, you need to stop fighting with each other.  I don't recall this thread's name being "Threshold and KaVir's Personal Battleground".  It's odd that most of your claims are that the other one is the one who is hateful and flaming, because you are both proving the other right by stooping to the level you currently occupy.  As a matter of fact, you both are right, you are BOTH hateful and attack each other at every oppurtunity.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #57
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
It's okay Ilkidarios, let him spew his vitriol. It makes him feel better and disappear into his little troll cave for another few weeks, leaving the forum in peace once again.

Oh and KaVir, it's MS Dreg to you, bub.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:03 PM   #58
Threshold
Legend

Frankly, I was pretty shocked when he started lumping you in with everyone else, Jaz.

I guess you failed to drink the Kool Aid on one of his crusades, and didn't attack his enemies harshly enough, so now you're just another lackey. That's too bad. Somehow, I feel confident you'll manage to recover.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:44 PM   #59
Valg

Are you talking about KaVir or Threshold?
Old 07-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #60
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote

What happened to the forum? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Forum Do You Use Fern MUD Administration 7 04-17-2006 08:38 PM
What happened to GodwarsII? erdos Tavern of the Blue Hand 1 12-14-2003 05:22 PM
pk forum again Shao_Long Bugs and Suggestions 30 06-11-2003 09:17 AM
What has happened? Ishamael Tavern of the Blue Hand 5 11-05-2002 03:10 PM
New to the Forum SheWhoHasNoName Introduce Yourself 0 07-20-2002 03:55 PM