Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
Glohcoakar

Home MUD: New worlds of Ateraan
Glohcoakar is on a distinguished road
LFM : Daily job?

Hey there! ive played MUDs for about 6 months and i currently play " New worlds of ateraan"...and i would like a new MUD that is heavily based on...city structure where every role plays a huge part, also where your character can apply for some kind of daily jobs, if you know what i mean?..many choices when it comes to jobs/classes/roles...also, i have played a few that interest me, but they have usually been very confusing when it comes to the "look" command, what i like about Ateraan is that its very simple...i would like it that way and please..stick to the fantasy genre..i could change my mind but i would like to see what TMS has to offer! thanks!

// Glohcoakar

Last edited by Glohcoakar : 04-12-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Glohcoakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: LFM : Daily job?

This one might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I've been suggesting it in a few other TMS forum threads. Echoes of Albion () is an RPI (a little more intensive in the roleplaying department than New Worlds), that is set primarily in a Celtic village where everybody works. I don't think there are officially coded "jobs" there, but whatever skills your character has, it's pretty expected that you'll do them and trade whatever you gather or produce to someone else for other things you need. If you want to stay fed, it's a good idea to keep busy. If you're a laborer like a farmer, hunter, or lumberjack, you'll be spending a lot of time growing or gathering whatever it is you do. If you're a craftsman like a blacksmith or a carpenter, or a cook or tailor (primarily female roles), you'll be hitting people up for those raw materials and making things that other people want.

So in the loosest sense, the mud has a "job" system, but it's rp supported more than code supported. It's a fairly "simple" mud as far as commands go, I guess, except it takes a little doing to learn all of the intricacies of the emote system, and to sort through all of the craft lists and figure out exactly what you need to do what and how to get it. Once you do, it's really awesome.

Don't discount New Worlds entirely, though. It's got a good thing going, and a good sized playerbase. Most of the people there will tell you that the term "job" is really subjective. If you're creative, you can turn nearly anything people will pay for into a job. There just aren't any automated things where the mud pays you for entering commands there. If you really like the feel of completing tasks for money, maybe try out a mud with an automated quest system, a little like what Aardwolf does. Kill this thing or retrieve this thing, come back, and get money.

Last edited by SnowTroll : 04-14-2011 at 12:51 PM.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
Glohcoakar

Home MUD: New worlds of Ateraan
Glohcoakar is on a distinguished road
Re: LFM : Daily job?

Thank you for responsing, i will check this one out!
Glohcoakar is offline   Reply With Quote