Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #21
Jeena

Jeena is on a distinguished road
You really should work on your flaming. I believe the proper slam for Medievia is Medthievia.
By the way...propoganda is not the end all of proof.

Ye without sin..cast the first stone. It's easy to slam someone who's out there...while you hide behind your p2p programs, and your "tolerated" copyright infringed mud backgrounds.
If there's been any damage to the mud community I'd say it came from sniping, nasty jibes from this forum.
Jeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:33 PM   #22
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Mercthievia is another commonly used name (on account of the fact that Merc is the codebase that was ripped off).

No, but a statement is pretty compelling.

Logical fallacy. The fact that you support illegal and immoral activities does not mean that that everyone else does, and the fact that certain muds have no respect for the work of others does not mean that no muds do.

No, I think it's quite clear where it comes from, and I find it remarkable that you could so mindlessly support a mud which - in the words of one of the original Diku team - "was indeed one of the major reasons i stopped contributing to the community, and found other places to spend my energy"
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:36 PM   #23
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
I cordially agree with KaVir.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:39 PM   #24
Kopribear

Kopribear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kopribear Send a message via MSN to Kopribear Send a message via Yahoo to Kopribear
STOP IT!

Go flame about Medievia on one of the boards that's already flaming. There's no use making EVERY thread about the same (resolved) issue. Knock it off.
Kopribear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:59 PM   #25
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
Whine..Whine... if ya can't do the time...don't do the crime. Don't post or start threads here if you're unhappy with the responses!!
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #26
PhoenixFlare

PhoenixFlare is on a distinguished road
It would seem that no rules are being broken, and people are not going to stop arguing/discussing just because it offends your sensibilities.

It'd be great if everyone always got along all the time, but many other forums on the net are the same way, and especially this forum and this particular subject. If you can't handle that, perhaps you should stop reading the posts here, and spare the futile attempts at nannying.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:31 AM   #27
Jeena

Old 05-16-2005, 06:09 AM   #28
Kopribear

Kopribear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kopribear Send a message via MSN to Kopribear Send a message via Yahoo to Kopribear
*point signature* to seemingly everyone's distaste, I am from Achaea. It was my first and favourite MUD... and I was quite recently accepted into Armageddon. You guys?

And thank you, GuruPlayer and PhoenixFlare, but I never said I was enforcing the rules, and again if you don't like what I have to say then ignore me as you do what I'm actually saying. Every thread doesn't need to be about Medievia, okay, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see a few threads of sanctuary that do NOT end up being about that whole situation. Yes, blah blah, if I don't like what the forums say then leave. I'm sure you would like that. But spare me, your conflict is on other threads, not this one. The response to what I originally said had nothing to do with the conflict, either, so it is essentially way off topic and thus I humbly request of you forum lords that you take your argument elsewhere. Thanks ^_^
Kopribear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 08:15 AM   #29
Jeena

Old 05-16-2005, 12:42 PM   #30
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
The issue was NEVER resolved.  Mercthievia is STILL HERE.  Just because you support that *** Mihaly in all of his ideas doesn't mean that we can't discuss issues that go against his doctrines.  If we just stopped fighting, Mercthievia would win.  And that wouldn't be a fitting end.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:44 PM   #31
Ilkidarios

It's spelled propaganda.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #32
Jeena

Old 05-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #33
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Yeah, if you stopped fighting (which apparently just means screaming and whining a lot without actually doing anything tangible), all the progress you've made at stopping Medievia might be reversed. That progress, as far as I can tell, consists of precisely one thing: Giving them free exposure. Well done.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:49 PM   #34
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
the_logos: Yeah, if you stopped fighting (which apparently just means screaming and whining a lot without actually doing anything tangible), all the progress you've made at stopping Medievia might be reversed. That progress, as far as I can tell, consists of precisely one thing: Giving them free exposure. Well done.

But that's not always the case, the_logos. For example, when you were bribing players to vote for your games, people posted complaints, and the rules were changed to make it illegal.

Synozeer made a decision that isn't popular with a number of parties. They're allowed to express their disagreement in an attempt to make him reconsider the step. Also, they're allowed to make sure that discerning players are aware of Medievia's theft, and pressure Medievia to start taking responsible steps such as restoring the credits for the people that designed the code of which their present code is a derivative (by any legal definition).

Finally, you may believe that all publicity is good publicity, but not everyone subscribes to that theory. More importantly, not all games would want players that are swayed by that kind of oh-look-shiny-object phenomenon.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #35
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Yep. Nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, people have been crying about Medievia for a decade now. Any progress? Are they suffering? No? One might wonder if one's course of action is a joke in that case.

Of course they're allowed to. I'm just pointing out that they've been entirely ineffective in stopping Medievia from "winning" (whatever that means. Someone else's language, not mine) and that after a decade of futile efforts they may consider trying to -do- something instead of just complaining.

It's not what I believe. It's what I know.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:21 PM   #36
KaVir
Legend

Yes. The information campaign has been pretty successful - the Medievia supporters (and even the staff) have given up trying to claim that the mud is original, and have instead moved on to the "who cares" viewpoint.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #37
Jeena

I'm not sure how you can call it successful. The game continues. Like most games its player base wanes and bounces back, but it's doing great. There are new players everyday, many, I'm sure in large part to the controversy generated here.
One thing about the Net, it's nothing if not anonymous. So you can berate people's morality based on what you consider to be good or bad, but in the end, many are going to go where they can have fun, where they will have a lot of player interaction and where the world is huge and original.
Not only that, but Medievia has one of the most innovative interactive enviroments on the net today. Complaining and whining will do very little to dim that success.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:46 PM   #38
KaVir
Legend

Because , and that's exactly what it's done.

You remind me of the little fat kid who claims that McDonalds is the best food in the world.

Innovative? I've seen more innovative stock muds!
Old 05-16-2005, 03:00 PM   #39
Soleil

Soleil is on a distinguished road
I know I should stay away from all this as I said I would, but I just need to say a few things.

First off, KaVir, when was the last time you played Medievia?  Who are you to say how innovative or not it is?  I would think that you should not be making judgements about a game until you've spent AT LEAST a week playing it.  Otherwise, you are just pulling facts out of nowhere.  I would think that Jeena, a person who has played Medievia for quite some time, would know a lot more about the game than you, someone who probably hasn't even played the game at all, ever.  And don't tell me you've logged in for 5 minutes and know all about the game.  You cannot know how in-depth the game is until you've played it until at least second class.  If you've done that in the past month, then fine, you may have a clue.  If not, then you have no idea what you are talking about.

In addition, I have to reiterate what Matt has said.  Thanks for all the free publicity.  Our new character creations have been through the roof since the "flame wars" have started and our amount of players online has also seen a dramatic increase.  So, have fun, keep it up!
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #40
Ilkidarios

Speak of the devil, literally!