Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 12-08-2003, 03:05 AM   #21
Amnon

Amnon is on a distinguished road
Amnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:36 AM   #22
soljax

soljax is on a distinguished road
Pay attention Amnon. Nothing is ever established on forums or reviews. Congratulations, though, if it makes you feel better.
soljax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:27 AM   #23
Gihnral

Gihnral is on a distinguished road
Yes, most of the playerbase at CF doesn't like when someone spews non-stop bull**** about something we have all contributed to and enjoy.  I think most people are protective of the things they care about.  And if you had any history other than your short stint as Josiah, you would know that a lot of those reviews were written by players who don't neccessarily get along with the staff.

In your review of CF, you said you'd been playing for 2 years.  You are so full of **** it's pathetic.  If I were being generous, I'd say you played for all of 6 months before you started in with your bull****.  I actually think it was more like 1-2 months.  I was going to go to  and just start throwing down all the links of your posts and let them speak for themselves, but if the people reading this want a good laugh, all they have to do is go there themselves and do a search for Josiah/Soljax.  Oh, and don't try searching in 2002, cause there's nothing there from him.  Wonder why a veteran player has no background, oh wait, that's right.  Because like everything else you say, you're full of ****.<a href=" target="_blank">The post (dated for convenience) of Josiah's wherein he is actually honest about his knowledge of CF</a>

<a href=" target="_blank">Dioxide's CF Page</a>
Gihnral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:05 PM   #24
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Well, getting back to the original post, I think that both sides acted in a slightly disagreeable manner. The player was rather impatient and rude but the immortals seemed less than helpful. But that aside, I think it brings to light another issue.

If the newbie channel is for not for mortal-to-mortal communication, why allow posts/responses to be seen by all? Wouldn't a petitioning system work just as well and eliminate the global channel?

I for one don't like global channels on a RP MUD. The above situation seems to me like proof of how they can be misinterpreted by new players and how they can contribute unnecessary ooc talk in a MUD.

Again, that's my opinion, for whatever it's worth.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:34 PM   #25
Gihnral

Gihnral is on a distinguished road
In Cf you can only hear the channel up to 10th level, you can also turn it off whenever you like.

I think the reason they made it a global newbie channel is so that it has the potential to cut down on repeat questions. Two people have the same question, one asks over the channel and is answered, therefore the other can get his question answered without even having to ask.
Gihnral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #26
Vesper

Vesper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vesper
Cool

It would seem that people who post responses to "reviews" of their MUD are only hurting themselves, not helping.

I don't think many people read and take the reviews seriously. Many of them seem to say the same thing. Good ones rave about the newbie friendly environment and friendly staff. Bad ones rave about cheating immortals and harsh players.

To be honest, I think that most of the people who read reviews are people who play that particular game. They read the review to see what the disgruntled player had to say, then feel the need to defend themselves. A fair option, of course, and who can blame them?

I don't own a mud. If I did, I would be hurt and irritated by the occassional player who flamed my game and my staff and would most likely do what many other muds seem to be doing now: Posting rebuttals to those reviews in the forums here.

But just sitting here, from an outside perspective, it only seems like it hurts the mud owner's game. It draws attention to a review that probably many didn't read to begin with.
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 03:12 PM   #27
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
It really doesn't have anything to do with hurt feelings. The review, in my opinion, was factually incorrect and an inaccurate representation of a game I (and 30+ others) administrate. I posted a log of the interaction in question so that people can make a decision based on facts, not the opinion of someone who spent minutes playing.

We're big on accountability, internally and externally. If someone insists on posting a hatchet job, and the moderators of the site prefer not to involve themselves, we're going to post the facts and clear the air.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #28

I think that what the player did was bad, insulting the Immortal staff of a highly respected game is not the way to go. However I do feel that there is a slight problem in your mud Valg.

If I was a new player, and with your mud being SO popular, I would expect live help, where people can teach me the ropes, and answer my questions directly. I absolutely HATE seeing muds where they tell you "oh yeah just type help this help that". Although it is an easy way to pass by, it is better to explain someone thoroughly according to the subject manner. I go by what that other guy had to say, "You don't go to school just to read books, you go there because someone actually teaches you the stuff INSIDE the book". Same thing here, you don't just type help newbie and read it all, someone has to guide you as well.

As for the player, I think what he did was very rude and pathetic, slanderring a game like that, and slanderring the Immortals with only a few minutes of game-play is pathetic.

Recap: From reading the logs I saw no "rudeness" or anything from the Immortal and players of the mud. In fact I saw the inability to work with them from the player. But I do see something lacking in the players and Immortal's "way of helping". As an Immortal he should be more responsible, I mean you don't hire Immortals just to tell players read "help this and that", you hire them to help. Once again don't bog me down on this, I'm a small mud owner, you don't have to take what I say seriously at all, it's just my 2 cents worth.

-Demiscus
Old 01-16-2004, 12:31 PM   #29
kubera

kubera is on a distinguished road
I think everyone is missing the point here. This all started out because of a review that was posted and someone's response to a review.

Reviews are for players to post their OPINIONS about a game. Now since it's an opinion it may or may not agree with the opinions of others. It also means that it may or may not be based on what actually happened and instead on what that person thought happened.

If your game really is that great then you should have all sorts of other reviews to counter the one bad review that was posted about your mud. If that's not the case, I can see why you're bringing this up here.

I don't care either way personally, I'm not taking sides and I'm not trying to put anyone down. It just seems like a big to do about ONE review.

Kub
kubera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:07 PM   #30
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 05:38 PM   #31
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
No, I think YOU are missing the point.

Libel is not opinion. Lying about a game in an effort to hurt it is not presenting an opinion.

People should not be allowed to take a hatchet to an innocent and then be excused because they call it "opinion."

Hmmm... It sure sounds like you took a side.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote

Regarding our Most Recent Review - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seemingly Recent Trend prof1515 Tavern of the Blue Hand 15 10-05-2005 05:38 PM
ASSAULT: About our recent, very inacurate, review. Amnon Advertising for Players 2 01-04-2004 11:20 AM
Most recent discussion list Neranz Laverani Bugs and Suggestions 9 09-17-2002 01:52 PM
Recent Forum Discussions Seth Bugs and Suggestions 5 05-10-2002 05:01 PM
Recent Forum Discussions Yui Unifex Bugs and Suggestions 12 04-26-2002 12:27 AM