Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 08-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
ReverendValek

ReverendValek is on a distinguished road
Salutations and Greetings!

My name's Valek. I've been mudding for 13 years, consistently as part of one mudding community. There I'm either known as Rev, Valek, or "that guy who can't PK and whines about everything". Which is fine, because I reject most labels as a postmodern ecocritic anyways . I'm 31 and finishing my first Bachelor's of Science in Liberal Arts with a major in English and minor in History. Hoping to get accepted to the graduate program soon to pursue a Master's in Language and Literature with a focus on American literature. And, if anyone's curious, I did get ordained through the American Marriage Ministries and can actually perform wedding ceremonies.

I've come here and joined out of curiosity, to see how other muds are doing and what approaches they have taken to stop the bleeding of player base decline. The mud I'm apart of can no longer make it into even the top 20 most months.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.
ReverendValek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
Draak

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
Draak is on a distinguished road
Re: Salutations and Greetings!

Hi Valek. I'm Draak and I'm a mudder.

(Hehe, its like we're in a support group)

I started playing Alter Aeon back in 1997 and managed to somehow get my hands on a builder about a year later. I'm one of the game's "World Builders" and am also in charge of sounds for the official game client. Over a decade and half later and I'm still here.

Congratulations on pursuing an education. Just out of curiosity, what kind of career are you pursuing with that degree?

Anyhoo, nice meeting you and hope to see you around.
Draak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #3
ReverendValek

ReverendValek is on a distinguished road
Re: Salutations and Greetings!

I have this crazy dream of being a professor at a university and publishing books and other scholarly works. Congratulations on being a world builder! It's a tough thing to do.

And being a mudder is definitely like being in a support group, hehe.
ReverendValek is offline   Reply With Quote