Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > Legal Issues
Click here to Register

Old 02-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
zachry

zachry is on a distinguished road
Is this crap in your mud too ?

=CHAT= Negrodamus: I'm curiuos to know how you were born, I didn't think apes could crossbreed with whores
=CHAT= Negrodamus was wrong apparently
=CHAT= Zachry: you always ghave to ****en harass me
=CHAT= Zachry: and with this admin ,,, well its gay
=CHAT= Zachry: they tolerate harassments
=CHAT= Zachry: new basic rules... harass or get removed

This is from an wizard : > =CHAT= Russeldog: which hurt the most? the ape or the whore?

=CHAT= Negrodamus: more like they don't give a squirt of liquid **** about you
=CHAT= Bayne: he hasent assaulted you ethnic, religious, or mother.
> =CHAT= Negrodamus: the **** I didn't, I called his mother an ape raped whore
=CHAT= Zachry: he has harassed my mom a couiple of times bayne
> =CHAT= Negrodamus: And?
=CHAT= Negrodamus: you enjoy the attention you get from me because you lack a father figur

Im just curius if this is in your mud too and do they get punnished for doing this ?

peace zachry
zachry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
jackal59mo2

jackal59mo2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Is this crap in your mud too ?

No, but I try only to frequent games run and played by adults.

ETA: I just noticed the forum. "Legal Issues"? Hardly.

Last edited by jackal59mo2 : 02-24-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: edited to add
jackal59mo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
Parhelion

Name: Sarah
Home MUD: Ethos
Parhelion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Parhelion

Complaining about the problem on a forum like this usually attracts trolls in the end, though; its best to just leave the MUD and find greener pastures. An administration that acts like that will eventually kill their own game.

An alternative is to FULLY log the incident (including what brought about the attack, because not doing so just smells fishy) and contact someone else in your game's administration (say, the owner). If they are not aware of the behavior, they may be interested to know that someone on their staff is running off players. Just remember to be cordial and not become worked up. Civility, believe it or not, still counts for something.

Of course, if they don't care, you're back to option one. Take it up the butt, or leave.
Parhelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
scandum

scandum will become famous soon enough

Yes, people who can't properly spell, capitalize, and punctuate get a ****ing ban.
scandum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
uzziel

Name: Josh
Home MUD: tsunami.thebigwave.net
uzziel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to uzziel Send a message via Yahoo to uzziel

I would first like to say that Tsunami is an amazing mud. I've played a few others, but most pale in comparison. The player base is mostly friendly, and very willing to help new players. There are many classes and subclasses. There are quests, side quests, wars, invasions, an innovative pk system, and an amazing Jihad system. The admin are always willing to help people, and harassment laws are in effect. If you follow someone and take their stuff, constantly spam them, and generally annoy them for an extended period, action is, and has been taken.
Zachry is a player who has been a thorn in the side of both admins and players for quite awhile. Currently he stays logged in as a dead player so that he can continue to rant and rave without being silence cursed or killed by other players. He was recently removed due to his degrading comments, snide remarks, constant insult and harassment of admins and players alike (see previous posts by him for details). The fact that he was let back is an example of the current admins willingness to give people another chance. More then once it has been suggested that he move on to a different mud but it is my oppinion that he thrives on conflict and enjoys any attention he receives, negative or positive.
I will close in saying that if Anyone does visit tsunami, I suggest the harness the 'ignore' feature currently available. I have been on Tsu for a number of years now and I find it quite enjoyable. Like all things and all muds there are a few things and people I dislike but the overwhelming number of good things about this mud has kept me there, and has ensured that I would recomend it to anyone else. If you find yourself in the lands of tsunami, don't hesitate to ask me for assistance or advice. I can be reached using the 'tell' feature and I'm usually logged on as Epic, or Abaddon.
uzziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough

At first, I just lol'd at the original post. I feel bad for anyone who has to experience that kind of stuff, but it was so infantile I just couldn't help but laugh.

But then:

Ok, are we being duped here? Is this whole thread just a sneaky form of advertising? Perhaps I am overly cynical here, but nobody mentioned the MUD name, so why bring it up when it was not a necessary part of the discussion?

Furthermore, I cannot imagine any mud admin would want to openly associate their game with the chat conversation in the original post.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
uzziel

Name: Josh
Home MUD: tsunami.thebigwave.net
uzziel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to uzziel Send a message via Yahoo to uzziel

No it's not advertisement. Everything this one player has said has been negative about the mud I play so figured I'd mention a few positive things, iin case anyone actually reads this string. Why this was posted in legal issues is beyond me.
uzziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
Magstant

Home MUD: Tsunami MUD
Home MUD: http://thebigwave.net
Magstant is on a distinguished road

1) Never take his posts seriously
2) We all **** with him on the MUD because he always bites and blows it out of proportion
3) He's swedish so he cant spell for crap
4) He's just annoying
Magstant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #9
Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got to side with Threshold at least partially here.
Until I saw "I would first like to say that Tsunami is an amazing mud" I had no idea what mud this was associated with, and just laughed at the stupidness of the first post. Now that I know what Mud it's associated with well... I'm not sure how that helps the mud's situation, even though I don't know anything about the player or current situation.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
Kleothera

Kleothera is on a distinguished road

Hmms. Two things

1. Every MUD has people who stir trouble, then receive more than they give and then request administrative help to sort out the consequences of what they had created. I don't deny DE has had similar people in the past where we had (personally and unofficially) just wished the complainant went away (although he may be the one technically right when lodging a complaint). I do not know if this is the case here, but it looks that way to me (especially with the truncated log).
2. In most cases, this argument tends to be better moderated with this sort of rabid bitching not being on OPEN channels. Thats where staff intervention comes in to avoid mention of rape, bestiality and all those wonderful things off channels. Again, however, it could be one of those moments when there is no staff on (I have no clue who these guys in the log are) or what policies the MUD in question follows on open channels. In DE, both parties would have been silenced until they stopped spamming the open channels with crap. As someone said, its so much nicer to play in an environment where people act as adults.
3. I agree with Threshold. I boggle at the thought of Tsunami acknowledging themselves as the MUD in question. However, SURELY this isn't advertising. I mean... who needs advertising like THIS?

Ok. So these are THREE things.
Kleothera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #11
gth

gth is on a distinguished road

My 2c:

a) Yay for MUDs without open channels - easiest way to limit the impact of the kind shown in the opening post;
b) The pro-Tsunami post lost me at "Jihad" Needs a better name, for my taste. Perhaps I'm too PC, though.

As for the trolls dragging their drama to TMS - seen it before, nothing new, move along now.
gth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
Fizban

Name: Brandon
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Fizban is on a distinguished road

Ahh, I'm not the only asshole in the crowd. I find the grammar and spelling more appalling than the content myself. More importantly I want to know why this thread is in the Legal Issues forum though. Being rude, believe it, or not, is legal. Honestly, it is. Legal Issues are not about what is "allowed" in a MUD, it's about the legality of actions taken by MUDs as pertaining to real-life 'laws' not in-game 'rules'.

**** that. A MUD with no open channels is retarded. Why the hell do you play a game where you can't talk to the other players and get to know them on a personal level. I'm sorry, I just don't really give much of a **** about your elven character's background, I care much more about conversing with the people on the other end of the monitor, not with their "character".
Fizban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #13
Kleothera

Kleothera is on a distinguished road

Hmms. Didn't someone say previously he wasn't a native English speaker? Lack of English skills may explain both the creative spelling and the lack of understanding of what post goes where.

And do I sense an impending debate about global channels?
Kleothera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #14
Coffee-Addict

Coffee-Addict is on a distinguished road

It certainly doesn't, unless the poster is extraordinarly young.

Sweden has a decent education system, which includes the study of English to my knowledge. The errors in the log provided in the original post are due to nothing else but carelessness.

As a response to the aforementioned original post, just switch MUDs. :-)

Voting with your feet is the best method of action in this particular scenario. Of course, I suppose this thread will (potentially) turn away some people who're opposed to primitive mudslinging on their games from trying the game out... But I reckon the game's atmosphere is an integral part of the experience, so they weren't in the target audience to begin with.
Coffee-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
Parhelion

Name: Sarah
Home MUD: Ethos
Parhelion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Parhelion
Thumbs down Re: Is this crap in your mud too ?

As much as I agree the OP was a bit childish, I think the above is an example of ignorance at its finest.

1.) An individual's posting history will speak for itself in the long-term, as this is a small community. Many individuals even travel between forums using the same handle and retain their identity.

2.) This is the root of your problem. If you really want to defend your MUD, you should represent it in an intelligent and civil manner, not explicitly point out just how barbaric and childish its community is. And yes, baiting individuals to make them fight because you have some dislike of them is childish, and a MUD whose administration allows it to go onto their channels isn't worth playing. A game should be enjoyed, not create more stress.

3.) A person's nationality has nothing to do with the content of this post. The fact that he can't spell is rather irrelevant as well, as much as it pains us to read it. He is not representing a game or concept, nor is he being persuasive; he's an individual with a complaint.

4.) See point 1. I might think you're annoying, but that really has nothing to do with the context of this post.
Parhelion is offline   Reply With Quote