Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 03-09-2010, 03:19 AM   #1
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road
Looking for something....

Okay so...

My home MUD is New Worlds Ateraan. Excellent MUD in RP and.. well its an excellent MUD all around but because its an RP oriented MUD the advancement system is slow.

So I'm looking for something I can play on the side... something with interesting and fun classes. Something with fun skills to mess around with whether it be combat.. crafting.. whatever. I don't much like the IRE games. So don't mention them. I don't like pure hack n slash but at this point i'll probably play them just for the hell of it... something to do.... but I'd prefer at least A LITTLE rp involved. And some other activities than kill thing 100 billion times.......

No specifics on theme... i'd prefer it to be level based.. other than that not many specifics at all.

Oh -color options would be amazing. Please I hope not to be blinded to death with colors and THANK YOU!
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for something....

Although I've never actually played it myself, you might want to give DartMUD a look - it's an LPMud like New Worlds and Geas (another mud you've spoken highly of in the past), is RP enforced, and apparently has pretty complex combat and crafting systems.

dartmud.com 2525

Another mud you may find entertaining is "Buffy Mud" - an RP enforced mud based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I had a quick look at it a while ago and kept meaning to give a proper go. Their combat system is actually quite interesting, and they provide quite a few options for customisation.

buffymud.wolfpaw.net 5000

If you prefer something more casual, with less emphasis on roleplaying, Discworld and Batmud are both well established LPMuds with decently sized playerbases.

discworld.atuin.net 23

batmud.bat.org 23
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
Markov_AU

Name: Ben
Home MUD: Adventures Unlimited
Markov_AU is on a distinguished road

Adventures Unlimited may fit the bill too tharel.net port 5005
Markov_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

This might not be what you want, but I always recommend 4 Dimensions. It is very different than NWA in that it is great with quests and mind puzzles along with many other things to do like killing things and has a different theme than most games. It also has great Administration.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
coil

coil is on a distinguished road

Please consider TempusMUD.

Tempus is a level-based, dual-class time travel MUD. Trying out all the different class combinations and skills is part of the fun.

New Map:

Good luck wherever you end up.
coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
ruckus

Home MUD: retromud.org:3000
ruckus is on a distinguished road

I'd encourage you to check out RetroMUD () which sounds like a perfect fit for your request. You could spend your time exploring, trying new guilds and combinations, or just deciding which one of the many races you're most interested in. It is a party-focused mud, so no mindless and repetitive killing unless you really want it. Make friends, try new things, risk death, and reincarnate yourself to try another one of the thousands of possible combinations.

There is a light RP system for your IC needs. While it won't replace your RP-based mud, it will certainly provide you with hours (or years) of addicting gameplay that NEVER gets stale!
ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road

I did try 4 Dimensions. It's very fun! Thanks for the other suggestions, I may give them a whirl sometime also. And just so ya know I"m still playing NW-A I won't abondon it
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

4D is awesome in its genre. Of course you are still playing NWA, quitting it is like trying to stop breathing. Impossible. My suggestion for others looking for a mud to play: play other MUDs first else you may never get the chance.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
Dedwulf

Home MUD: New Worlds Ateraan
Dedwulf is on a distinguished road

I am a new worlds addict. I've tried to break away and play other games and I just keep coming back for more. I guess the only other game I'd play is SOI. Has some great roleplay, even though I like the functionality of nw much better.
Dedwulf is offline   Reply With Quote