Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 03-09-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
Blay

Home MUD: Achaea
Blay is on a distinguished road
Goal Oriented Muds

Hello, once again.

I'm looking for a mud that is focused on a community atmosphere where the player base tends to be more mature than the recent muds I've played. Seeing as my home, ex home, mud now has basically done away with the largest goal in the game, I'm looking for a mud that actually gives payoffs to goal completions that equal the amount of time, effort, and money the players put into completing the goals. What attracts me to these games is a feeling of accomplishment AND reward when completing hard to reach goals. If those are taken away or made useless, there is no longer anything to work towards in the games aside from maybe a chatroom atmosphere, if that makes sense. So, I'm looking for a better place.

I'm willing to pay monthly fees if needed for a mud that guarantees the customers won't spend money on items only to have those items lose value due to administration changes made to them.

PK is rather attractive if handled by a mature player base. Quests and bashing are huge factors as well.

I'm going to use this thread to ask this question as well. A couple of years ago I came across what looked to be a very interesting mud. During the character creation, it was stressed that the game only permitted ages 18+ because the player base wanted a more mature mud. It wasn't a mud based on "adult themes" either. I've looked and looked since then and haven't been able to find the same mud since. I didn't go back after character creation due to the fact that I was introduced to a major mud by a friend. Now, I simply cannot find it. Every time I try to search for adult muds, I get this list of sex muds and that isn't what I'm looking for. It would be wonderful if any of you have an idea what mud that could have been.

Also, if any of you know of a mud that fits the description I mentioned, please let me know! Text muds are the only games of this nature that I enjoy. Graphics simply don't interest me. I've tried a good 15 or so muds and can't find one that I enjoy as much as I enjoyed my home mud before everything has been changed so dramatically. It would be nice to find one I could play regularly again.

Thanks.
Blay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Goal Oriented Muds

It sounds to me like Threshold is the mud you are talking about. We have that rule, for those reasons, and the way you phrased it sounds like how we explain it.

Also, the criterion you listed sounds like a perfect fit. We have a very mature, established community (some of our players have been playing for 10 years, and they generally view themselves as "elder statesman" whose responsibility it is to help maintain the RP environment). Also, Threshold definitely tends toward the challenging side. When you accomplish something in Threshold, it definitely means something.

We also have PK (only when supported by RP), quests, and monster bashing, among a wide array of other features. You are free to choose which elements of the game you wish to participate in, and which ones you do not.

Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote