|07-27-2005, 07:57 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Waycross, GA USA
Realm of the Magi (RotM) is an LPmud, running on the LDMud 3.2.9 driver w/ the MySQL database module and a customized mudlib platform, based on a unique dark & magical fantasy theme. Unlike many other MUDs codebases, our gameworld is truely PvP and PvG interactive -- even rewarding our players both on the social, combative and in-character roleplay aspects.
Upcoming In-Game Features:
* Interactive NPCs -- They talk, respond and can even fulfill needs!
* Reputation-based Quest System -- Solving quests can affect your buying/selling habits!
* LiveQuest System -- Interact with fellow 'Adventurers' in several 'free-for-all' games.
* Defined Room System -- Expand descriptions for hidden exits or treasures!
* Adventurer Helper Guide -- To help new 'adventurers' play our game!
* Integrated Alias System -- Quick links to repetitious commands & macros.
* Dynamic Merchant System -- Stock market economics for Pubs, Inns & Shops!
* Customized ANSI Color -- Rooms, objects, you define it... COLORED!
Currently we are seeking a number of new or veteran LPC world builders to help us with the redefination of a new world topography. We are seeking those that want to expand their creative background in helping to develop one of the most featured LPMuds ever created. We have a large 'todo' list available, thus several opportunities for builders to rise up and become mudlib developers as the need increases.
General requirements to be considered:
* At least 13 years old or older -- (Maturity is a MUST)
* Must have a willingness to learn and be patient
* Creative background (we want quality more than quantity)
* Have at least 30 minutes per day to code/build
* Experience or 'Willing to Learn' the LPC programming language
* Basic Unix/Linux experience (i.e. ls, ftp, more, ed)
REQUIRED DOWNLOAD: Our World Builder's Handbook
We look more for quality rather than quantity. Anyone can build 50 rooms in a day. But it takes a real art to make 15 rooms that are so interactive players will spend alot of time browsing through the room description to find its hidden wonders, exits or treasures. Even you don't know LPC, we teach it to you! So if you have the time (as stated above) and the willingness to learn and apply what you have learned, we welcome you to come by and apply for a position within our staff.
Website : http://stormbringer.sysconn.com/magi/
Game Site: stormbringer.sysconn.com 1501
|Realm of the Magi: Seeking LPC Builders - Similar Threads|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Realm of the Magi: Seeking LPC Developers||rotm_adm||Advertising for Staff||1||07-27-2006 06:23 PM|
|Realm of the Magi: Seeking New Players||rotm_adm||Advertising for Players||3||05-22-2005 06:11 PM|
|Realm of the Magi: Seeking Roleplayers||rotm_adm||Advertising for Players||0||03-16-2005 03:46 PM|
|Realm of the Magi: Seeking World Builders||rotm_adm||Advertising for Staff||0||12-15-2004 06:05 PM|
|Realm of the Magi: Seeking LPC Developers||rotm_adm||Advertising for Staff||1||11-09-2004 12:24 PM|