Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 03-13-2004, 01:14 AM   #1
Azeroth

Azeroth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Azeroth
Azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 01:29 PM   #2
Azeroth

Old 03-14-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Heya Azeroth. I think you're going to find very few, if any, responses to your post. Reason being, that a "true" RPI game that is already established, up and running, with an established and steady playerbase, isn't going to hire a writer off the virtual street.

Imagine some really amazing RP world, and some guy who's never played it before shows up and starts writing and changing and "balancing" stuff. A responsible owner of a truly amazing RP world just plain won't allow that.

If you want to get in on the staff side of this kind of game, either look for a fledgling start-up that hasn't opened yet, or -play- one of the existing games for several months to get a feel for what it's like to be a player. THEN apply to become a staff member.

You mentioned that you want to make a balanced and unique RP system...but a "quality" RP system already has that, and wouldn't need you to show up out of the blue one day and change their world or system.

If you're interested in trying out a quality game that meets your needs -as a player- I would recommend Armageddon. But they aren't going to hire you just because you e-mail them and tell them you're interested, no matter how talented you are.

They want to know that you know the game, have a feel for the community, and have the skills (or have the capacity to be trained to have the skills) needed to do the job. They also need to know that you are responsible, and they can't tell that if they have no idea who you are. I would say the same holds true in any quality RP game.

Good luck in your search!
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:48 PM   #4
Azeroth

I appreciate your comments...but if you read my post, nowhere did I mention an *established* mud. If they are established, they would (as you pointed out) have no need for my abilities. An established team, yeah. I have known muds that aren't "established" (in fact I just worked for one) with years under their belt and a staff of 30 strong (not that 30 staff is the norm).

No, I expect it to be a fledgeling mud. THat is ideal, because I want to get in on the ground level, in order to help design what it will be. I have had lots of replies, so I don't think that what I am looking for is unrealistic. So far though, no mud with their sites set on being an RPI has contacted me, so I made sure to include that information. Again, thanks for your input. I actually have considered just playing for a while, and if I don't get an offer from a compadible mud...I may do just that.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:58 PM   #5
Azeroth

And the contacts keep rolling in...now we have another issue. I posted originally my interest in "heading up" the RP department. I am not interested in having my brain sucked dry of my ideas, only to give them to someone else. I would like to work alongside the Implementors (who will be willing to take the very specific ideas I have, and through brainstorming and planning, use or improve them) to make the RPI the best darn RPG on the face of the planet. That means if I have suggestions or ideas, you don't say "don't try to change our mud"...because I mean...hello...that is why you want to hire me right???
Old 04-12-2004, 08:46 PM   #6
Lanthum

Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
Azeroth - I hope from the time that has elapsed from you writing this that you found a home. But I just read it and thought I would make a helpful suggestion.

From the tone of your post - you sound as though you expect the new mud to take and "use or improve" them. But - not everything you suggest will be needed, desired, or even possible. So, instead of being so demanding (from your first to your last post), maybe be open to working within a TEAM. That established team you so covet. Because coming INTO an established TEAM - means you will be an outsider for a little while.

Just my 2 helpful cents worth.
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote