Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
ForeverNoobie

ForeverNoobie is on a distinguished road
Hi, I'm the guy thats going to make the best MUD of all time

Yeah, I aim high. Thats my thing. I'm coding a MUD from scratch, and I'm planning to make it the best MUD of all time. It's going to be science fiction based and I have a lot of ideas already though I'm still early in the design phase.

I'm a mostly self taught programmer, and I enjoy creative writing. I've only recently discovered the world of MUDs so I don't have much experience in playing them, but I know making one is what I'm destined to do right now.

I'm probably going to be asking alot of questions on this forum as I go, but until then you can help me by pointing me to your favorite muds so I can play them and get more intune with the MUD community. Also you can tell me what features you appreciate most in a mud, and what features you like to see done better.

I made a blog so everyone could follow my progress:

I've decided to make my MUD opensource to give a little back to the programming community, which is always there for me when I need it. I only hope my code is a good enough contribution.

Last edited by ForeverNoobie : 09-10-2010 at 12:14 PM.
ForeverNoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Hi, I'm the guy thats going to make the best MUD of all time

Welcome to TMS! I like your excitement for building the best MUD ever.

I could do that and one good MUD I will point you to is 4 Dimensions. There info is here:

It is one of the best for quests and brain twisters as well as an interesting dimension. It is something different, so perhaps try that as well as the other locations that you are recommended to.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote