Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Sheresh

Sheresh is on a distinguished road
Arrow Looking for a specific MUD

So a couple of years back I got into MUD's and found a game that I LOVED. It was called Blades of Virtue and it was a custom MUD. It was a fairly straight forward hack n slash type of MUD in it's own custom client where you could manage your inventory, skills, stats and HP/Mana. What I really liked about it was it was essentially a Medevil-Fantasy Action-RPG MUD w/o the fancy 2D/3D graphics. I spent a few months playing the game until it shut down due to disagreements between the developers.

I was hoping that someone else had played this game and could recommend me another MUD that is VERY similar to Blades of Virtue. I don't need epic quests or story lines, or forced RP, just a solid hack n slash with big bad monsters and even bigger weapons! I also am not overly picky on the amount of players as BoV had usually 5-25 people on max at any given time. It was definitely a small tightly nit community. The other feature that I really liked was the combat was not real time, that is, you swung or casted at the monster and the monster attacked you and then waited for you to attack again. I liked this feature a lot because it was quite easy to keep up with the text.

If anyone has any recommendations, please please please let me know. I am absolutely BUGGING to play another game like this.
Sheresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a specific MUD

While I haven't played Blades of Virtue, it sounds similar to my game. Bedlam has a strong hack'n'slash component and one of the most visual custom clients out there to enhance your battles. Take a look at
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:58 AM   #3
Eddieg

Eddieg is on a distinguished road

Try The World Called Hollow. Has a lot of hack and slash for statting as well as plenty of rp fights.
Eddieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough

Godwars II has a combat system to DIE for! Best and most detailed and customisable hack and slash it has ever been my pleasure to play.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Hello Sheresh,

I would say that any of the IRE games should fit your bill.

I would also suggest Materia Magica.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
Aramanth

Aramanth is on a distinguished road

Hi Sheresh,

You should check out Aramanth: Shatered Worlds

You can Definately Hack'n'Slash your way to the top, and there are definately big bad weapons at the end waiting for you, we have a Artifact system where there are ONE of a kind weapons only to be held by a single person, you want to be big and bad ? Dual Wield a couple of those!!!

Check us out play.aramanth-mud.com 6666

Opened Begining of December, 2011 so the playerbase isnt the Biggest yet, but it is growing!
Aramanth is offline   Reply With Quote