Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 02-14-2003, 06:36 PM   #1
Imagine9718

Imagine9718 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Most people would still call me a MUD newbie...but i do know all the main commands and concepts of MUDs. The only problem now is finding one i can play, and enjoy --- to stay with and not just use for a week or so. RPG is a must. the amount of players on at once is not that big of a concern, as long as its more than like 10 at a time, because its no fun playing by yourself . I kind of want it to be original, even though its not like i memorized the stock anyways (if that made sense). also, i want there to definatly be a magic system with different races and classes. Please help me by suggesting MUDs that i could play. Thank you.
Imagine9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 06:58 PM   #2
Ytrewtsu

Ytrewtsu is on a distinguished road
We have a nice mud at Adventures Unlimited. Mostly original world, over 9000 rooms, automapper, unique skills and spells, a nice selection of races and classes, great players and responsive staff and more...

or telnet to
au.betterbox.net port 5000

Ytrewtsu
Ytrewtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 08:16 PM   #3
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Try checking out the following:

Avendar: The Crucible of Legends (RP/PK)

Carrion Fields (RP/PK)

Abandoned Realms (RP/PK)

Aabahran: Forsaken Lands (RP/PK)

As the Wheel Weaves (RP/PK in arenas)

I've played extensively on all of the above (except Carrion Fields, where my stay was fairly short) and all have their good points to offer.

If you're looking for something away from "standard" elves, dwarves, etc, try out Avendar. They have a whole bunch of races that just dont fit in to the common mold as such. The Shuddeni and Ch'Taren in particular stand out as good examples. The RP standard on here is among the best I've seen.

As the Wheel Weaves is based on Robert Jordans Wheel of Time books. It's a fun place to play, although "real-time" RP tends to be fairly rare. This may have changed since I last played however.

Carrion Fields, Abandoned Realms, and Forsaken Lands all offer a similar style of game interpretted in different ways. You'll find standard D&D favourites like elves, drow, dwarves, giants, etc, along with a few unusual creations thrown in.

I've put down the web addresses rather than the telnet addresses, as a good way to get a feel for a MUD is to examine their website and forums.

Hope this helps you find somewhere you can call home!
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:19 AM   #4
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
Being as open as you are to the available features, your best bet may to be use the search function of the mud database and check out a few websites, then log in and try out a few different muds.  Look through the past ads for players and see if any of them catch your interest, thats what they are posted for.  Asking for a mud with different races and not stock is bound to get a laundry list thrown at you.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 12:22 PM   #5
The Vorpal Tribble

The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
I would suggest Accursed Lands if you want RP and originality. Our races are even original (except perhaps the humans and goblins, but even they have a very detailed an indepth theme unlike any other). Every race has a history and highly detailed theme. And we are very reality based. No hit points or pool or anything like it. If you get too badly harmed in the arm it will break or be bruised too much to move. You will then drop what is in that arm and lose feeling. If you get hit too hard, your arm is ripped off. With your legs, you will fall and unless very skilled, at the mercy of your attacker. Lose the leg... you wont be standing for a long time. Lose a head, well, your a goner. Much much more of course, you can see what all we have at:

If this doesn't meet your fancy I would also suggest Armegeddon. It has many of the standard races such as elves and dwarves, but is still very original and interesting.
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 02:13 PM   #6
John

John is on a distinguished road
John is offline   Reply With Quote