Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Turxx

Turxx is on a distinguished road
Toril, a great mud

Forgotten Realms based D&D style mud.

Toril has been around since 1993, it has continued to evolve and grow with several incarnations, spurs and mergers. Toril, once known as Sojourn is the mud Everquest was inspired by and with permission modeled much from Toril. It is simply the best mud i have ever played . It is huge with over 50,000 rooms spanning over 250 zone, 14 character races to choose from, and more than 20 classes .

It has an active RP sphere and a newbie friendly atmosphere. It also has very challenging high level zones and groupings for the elite players with plenty to keep you busy and having fun.

The balance is good so while one race/class combo may have slight advantages, all are very well thought out and playable. But this is as it should be, some races are quicker or smarter then others, right? I certainly wouldn't pit an ogre against an elf in a battle of wits!

It is my recommendation to play what you think would be most fun! But beware, as the disclaimer in the roller will tell you, some races are very challenging. My current main is an elf warrior, i can often be found on as Anroawan. Elves are very fast and hard to hit but i will admit the sturdy dwarf does better facing a dragon while humans have far more options in terms of where their home town is and who they can group with.

There are hundreds of well written quests ranging from low level missions to yield better gear to very difficult high level quests requiring large groups and rare loads to complete.

There are several guilds, some only accepting the very best players and some more social taking in people they enjoy spending time with regardless of level, (level 20 min per game rules). Guilds can build guild halls with many private extras for members and welcome guests only. Or you can start your own.

Toril may have a smaller pbase (20-60 on at a time) then some of the other muds out there but the core is very solid, many like me have played there for years. We welcome new blood into our ranks.

As many of us now have families and real life responsibilities, some of the more pointless time sinks have been eliminated or reduced. With an 18 hour rot timer if you die and you have to go you can always come back tomorrow and go get your stuff or ask one of the other players to move you to a hometown and/or add time by preserving your corpse. Everyone has needed this kind of help and all are happy to give it when able.

I myself have tried a few other muds as well as played WoW, no game is home to me the way Toril is.

torilmud.org 9999 to log in or simply torilmud.org to visit our website

Come check us out, tell them Anro sent you

One last thing, a relatively new feature has been installed, a restatter, it is not necessary to spend time rolling good stats, take the first set and change them once you are in the game, "help restat". It is very difficult to roll better then you can restat to and only some of the most elite players even bother, and then generally only when they want a superior rogue. The name generator is also there to save you time, choose one and begin playing, names must fit the theme and so must be approved by admin staff, you can request a name change once you begin playing, "petition".

Last edited by Turxx : 02-28-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typo fix
Turxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Turxx

Re: Toril, a great mud

the mud was down a little bit, its back now, they explained why, something about a disk and an array, i dont speak computer, i just love to play, i can tell you that almost never happens, been over a year since i can recal it being down for more than a min or two

Last edited by Turxx : 02-28-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
Turxx

bump bump!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
Turxx

bump baby bump!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Turxx

gotta bump it again! come check us out
newest big change is "unity"
this means grouping restrictions have been eliminated, good news for people like me who prefer the "darker" races
new race, half-orc
"powers" system continues to be improved, now while powers are mostly for the coders, making it easier to change things on their end, it also means improved function for players and built in aliases mean they are easier to use
also, with 64bit systems ansi colors are doubled, maybe cmud isnt do bad after all
come play, we are a very tight community that welcomes newcomers
Old 12-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough

That comment seriously confused me, so I had a look - what you're actually talking about is xterm 256 colors, it doesn't require a 64bit system, just a client which supports . There's no autodetection, but it can be switched on manually by typing 'tog color' in-game.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Turxx

thank you for clarifying KaVir, theres some of this computer jargon idk so well, i just know i love this game
Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #8
Turxx

bump, time to be at the top of the list again
Old 05-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
blackmojo

blackmojo is on a distinguished road

well i tryed this mud , it was ok there are a few things a i didnt like , i hated the magic system , not being able to pick a name i wanted sucked very much , and i hate mud schools
blackmojo is offline   Reply With Quote