Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 07-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
js_wilson

Name: Sean
Home MUD: Aardwolf
js_wilson is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Sword & Pen MUD Broken

First off, I have noticed a few new folks logging on to my MUD blog's copy of stock coffeeMUD I am working on gradually developing into something more original. Weather you found me through here, at Top MUD Sites, or some other way, thanks for stopping by, even though I don't have much too show for myself yet.

Unfortunately, it has also now come to my attention that when new characters are created, they are immediately placed in a seemingly empty room with no title, no description, and no exits, and are stuck there. That sucks! I am going to get that fixed within the next day or two. I have had this problem with coffeeMud before. It has to do with setting up a default starting room, deleting that room, and then adding that room back in latter. No matter how many times you try to change the default starting room in the ini file, it won't let players start back in the room I had deleted.

I experienced this problem before, and, although I don't remember exactly how I fixed it, I know it is fixable. As soon as my current schedule permits, probably within the next day or two, I am going to be working on this, and I will update this thread when that happens. In the mean time, thank you too all of you who stopped by Sword & Pen MUD, and thank you for your patience and understanding.
js_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Lorana

Name: Joanna
Home MUD: End of Time
Lorana is on a distinguished road
Re: Sword & Pen MUD Broken

Silly Coffee! Good luck fixing, I hope you're able to figure it out quickly!
Lorana is offline   Reply With Quote