Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 04-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
Soul

Soul is on a distinguished road
Coder and Crafting Guru Required

Hello there! After all sorts of problems, both in game and out; I am once again looking to hire a coder and a crafting guru. My MUD, Lost Within, is an RPI with strict rules in place to aid the quality of roleplay. The game is based in a roughly medieval/fantasy world of my own creation. 90% of building is finished! I am currently however, at the stage of needing a coder to fix a few bugs in order to push towards opening, and a crafting genius to aid with the creation of crafts.

The MUD is built around a Diku derivative released some years ago by the guys at SoI. Those familiar with the RPI scene will no doubt of played the fantastic Lord of the Rings title. The code is C and C++ based.

I currently have a few bugs that are code related, which are hindering me opening the mud for public testing and play. I am looking for a coder able to work as part of a team and be self motivated.

I also require a crafting guru! If you have knowledge of medieval/old crafting techniques or simply enjoy researching how things were done way back when, then this is the job for you! (I must stress the world is medieval/fantasy. It is based roughly on a medieval time frame) The craft creation process is some what complicated at first but help will be given to get you going. The job comes with full creative license, however you must be creative!

If anyone is interested in helping with the above jobs, or anything else, be it building or otherwise let me know. I can be emailed directly at the email below, or drop by the forums below.

Thanks for reading!

admin (at) lostwithin (dot) co (dot) uk

(The forums sadly are currently down as of posting this. An update to the codebase has changed a few tables and such around. Corrections will be made soon, I hope!)
Soul is offline   Reply With Quote