Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 04-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #81
Baram

Home MUD: Tears of Polaris
Baram is on a distinguished road
Really? I could have sworn they were taken to court over it, but have not been broken up yet... guess I missed that major bit of news.
Baram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #82
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
MS hasn't been broken up. The courts aren't going to pull an AT&T on them.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 AM   #83
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
I looked at the web site in your sig, but I cound not find information like:

1) What is the name of the incorporated business entity that owns/runs Legends of Terris.

2) Who is/are the full time paid employee(s) that run/manage/own the game.

3) How do people pay?
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:20 AM   #84
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
1)

2)

3)

I'm glad to see you're now taking these sort of factors into account.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #85
Threshold
Legend

Thanks for the info, KaVir.

Updated List:

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: September 1997 - -

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: January 1998, -

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: October 1989, -

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: October 2001 - -

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: February 1996 - no telnet -

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: December 1989 - no telnet -

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: April 2003 - -

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: September 1995 - no telnet -

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: October 2004 - -

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span></span> - Founded: June 1996 - -
Old 04-24-2006, 07:04 PM   #86
John

John is on a distinguished road
If you don't add Medieva to the list, the usefulness for this list is fairly low. This list is for players care about the commercial interests in those that run the mud. To have a list for those who are interested in muds that have a financial incentive AND follow unenforced licenses, well that's such a small portion of potential players as to make this entire list useless.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 10:13 PM   #87
the_logos
Legend

I have to say, I agree with John. Players by and large don't care about Medievia's alleged violations. It's largely a few other admins that do, and this list isn't for them. Medievia fulfills the requirements and should probably be on there.

--matt
Old 04-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #88
Threshold
Legend

That's ridiculous. It is an absurd claim to say if one game is not on a list, the list is not useful.

The usefuless of the list would be zero the second Medievia were added to the list. Why? Because then the whole thread would be a 500 page flame war about Medievia with all the old arguments that have been taking place for 5+ years.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:39 AM   #89
the_logos
Legend

Well, we could hope that the moderator of this forum would keep off-topic attacks on Medievia under control.

I just think it's a shame to let the people who are interested in flaming them dictate anything. Their problem with Medievia is their problem, but by modifying your behavior to account for their behavior, you make it your problem too, if you see what I mean.

--matt
Old 04-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #90
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
As I stated in an earlier post:

Gemstone III is now Gemstone IV.

They underwent a major systems rewrite.

Their website is located at:

The website you link does take you to the new address, but I figure the correct address without a redirect would be more proper.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #91
Soleil

Soleil is on a distinguished road
Well I guess I'll chime in.

Of course we should be on a list of commercial muds if there is one. Of course we won't be because of all the crap that really no one cares about except a handful of people who frequent this forum. Aristotle used to be against us too, so it's no surprise.

I haven't complained until now because as Aristotle has said many times, since he started the thread, he gets to dictate who is on it. So, in my mind it's not "MUDs run by Professional Game Developers", it's "Aristotle's List of Muds run by.... etc".

So, eh, do what you want. Where will this list be seen besides deep in this thread anyway?
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #92
Lark

Lark is on a distinguished road
Lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #93
HBDR

HBDR is on a distinguished road
I got lost about half way through this thread, however AOTT is a pay to play game, however I'm not entirely sure if its fits into your category as they game developers don't spend 100% of their time and efforts into creating it, however they do have a paid coder on staff so.....

Age of the Throne Inc.

HBDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:05 PM   #94
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
It pops up from time to time as new games are added to it, but yeah mostly you have to dig back.

I thought Ari would be on you people's side seeing as Threshold was built on MudOS.

I invite you to come and look at the thread about legal issues I started regarding games and fair use. I am curious about all these legal issues, and it's rather current with a lot of things besides just muds.

I think this thread is probably not the place to continually rehash the Medievia debate tho. Just... my opinion that.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #95
John

John is on a distinguished road
And some of the people who worked on the Diku code of course.

I merely pointed it out because I thought it odd that this thread was supposedly for a group of people, yet by the criteria is for a much more limited group.

After all, a list of definite ethical muds (as in it is widely believed they follow the licence for the code it uses) is useful. a list of completely free muds is useful. A list of commercial muds I'll admit is theoretically useful (I do wonder how many would find it useful though). However a list of ethical commercial muds, surely the amount of people in that group is small beyond pointless to cater to them.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:48 PM   #96
Lark

Lark is on a distinguished road
Uh...'Yeah!'?

Moderator note: Please make sure future posts contain actual content. "Yeah"/"I agree" comments don't add anything.
Lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #97
Threshold
Legend

Old 04-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #98
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye

This thread has not even come close to going as off topic as or becoming as flaming as the non-commercial thread of similar topic. It took a lot before the moderators would even step in on the other conversation. You making comments like this only throw your own thread off-topic and bait flaming even more. I find this ironic.

Also, if you do not add Midievia to a commercial MUD list, then you have to give reason why in your list of pre-requisites(aka, we don't accept MUDs that are known to have broken the DIKU license). My suggestion is to add them, because you hurt your credibility otherwise.

This is all in spite of my personal feelings on Midievia.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:16 PM   #99
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
I'm also not sure, but would Materia Magica get itself a spot on this list? I'm not sure how they are run, but as I recall they sell in-game perks, at the least.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:39 PM   #100
Juganothion

Juganothion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Juganothion
I love how it took to the third post before the flaming began.
Juganothion is offline   Reply With Quote

MUDs run by Professional Game Developers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Text MUD developers acquired! the_logos MUD Announcements 1 08-11-2006 03:43 PM
Developers Blog Baram MUD Announcements 2 04-29-2006 04:52 PM
CalaisMUD seeking Lib Developers! (LPC) calaismud Advertising for Staff 0 06-24-2004 04:46 PM
Professional, Dedicated, Results Oriented... Azeroth Advertising for Staff 0 12-10-2003 03:49 PM
AIME Developers NEEDED!!! darmir Advertising for Staff 1 03-21-2003 12:28 PM