Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 07-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
RyanTMulligan

RyanTMulligan is on a distinguished road
MUDBrowser Client Beta Signup

I have been playing and creating MUDs for the past 11 years and I have always been annoyed by one thing. You cannot take your client with you. I have great triggers, aliases and color settings on my home computer, but I'm unable to bring them over to a friend's house, or to an internet cafe. With this concern in mind, I set out to make MUDBrowser. It's a MUD Client that works on any computer because it is a web site that you go to.

The great part about MUDBrowser is that it uses Javascript technology so it works on every computer without installing additional software.

Over the past few weeks, I have been traveling around the United States, and MUDBrowser has allowed me to connect to the MUD I created, DeimosMUD, from remote places and foreign computers without any hassle.

If you would like to learn more about how MUDBrowser solves this portability problem. Visit and sign up for a Beta Invite at the bottom of the page.
RyanTMulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
Spoke

Spoke is on a distinguished road
Re: MUDBrowser Client Beta Signup

I do not know about you but the "cannot bring the client with you" issue was resolved with flash drives (tiny ones can hold the biggest clients out there + maps + scripts + whatever you wish). Also, for those with a Linux box it is even easier as you only need to install a Linux-based client (like tintin or similar), run it via ssh and voila, you have all you need there.

Anyway, flash drives made the "cannot bring my client" issue obsolete in my humble opinion.

On the other hand, I believe web-based clients are a great way to introduce new players to MUDs. If they are done with taste and functionality in mind, they might be the hook that will capture the casual visitor by making their life a bit easier.

My two cents.
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote