Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 11-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
leio

leio is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I hope this is a suitable subforum to post this, as I didn't sadly find anything dedicated to MUD clients.

A cross-platform MUD client (meaning it should work equally good in Windows, Linux and Mac) called wxMUD is near to its first release, but I lack any contacts for active Mac testers to get it work great for the Mac as well right off the start.

First, I suppose I should briefly introduce what wxMUD is:

wxMUD is an open source (GPL) cross-platform graphical MUD client written with the wxWidgets framework to support many platforms (win32, Mac carbon, GTK+, etc) natively. The client currently supports ANSI colours, MCCP, MXP (including, but not limited to, full text formatting, frames, inline images), MSP, aliases/triggers and more.

We are looking good for a first official release, but lack any active testers on Mac OS X. For the client to work great on the Mac, some problems need to be identified and fixed - but that's not really possible to do without anyone testing what, if anything, is wrong. No current developer has a Mac, but preliminary testing thanks to a non-MUDding Mac packager have shown that the client works quite satisfactory on the Mac as well, but to be able to identify any problems that happen during gameplay and knowledgable (MUD players) use, we need your help!

If you have Mac OS X and are willing to help out, please contact me via e-mail or IRC.

My e-mail is and our IRC channel is #wxMUD on the Freenode network - irc.freenode.net
In case of e-mail, please prefix the subject line with "[wxMUD]" for it to not be lost in my other mails, which I get over 150 a day from mailing lists.

From there we can work out real-time (e.g MSN, AIM) contacts in case IRC isn't a permanent option.
I will be able to provide a universal binary that should work on both Intel and old PPC Macs, with Mac OS X 10.3 and later, but possibly also 10.2. This is thanks to someone providing it for me - I can't run or test it myself. A Mac packagers who plays MUDs help would be great too.

Any kind of feedback, requests, and so on is welcome as well, including for other platforms (I might even be convinceable to provide Windows testing binaries, for those who can't compile the code themselves, or help with getting it work from code on Windows, Linux or Mac).

Link to wxMUD homepage is and yes, I know it's quite outdated and ugly - updating the webpage is planned to happen at the same time the first release happens.
leio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #2
Kaleisha

Kaleisha is on a distinguished road
is this able to work on the intel macs as well as g4 I have both, but have experienced some issues with software designed for my older mac not being able to function on my intel mac
Kaleisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
leio

leio is on a distinguished road
leio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 AM   #4
NotL337

NotL337 is on a distinguished road
NotL337 is offline   Reply With Quote

Cross-platform MUD client seeking Mac testers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seeking: Creative Writers, Builders, Play-Testers Mabus Advertising for Staff 0 06-16-2006 02:55 PM
Showdown mud needs some testers Keeper Advertising for Players 0 02-07-2006 12:43 PM
Looking for testers/players Raulin Advertising for Players 0 11-13-2005 06:57 PM
Upcoming Asian-Themed RPI Seeking Alpha Testers Mithaine Advertising for Players 2 01-18-2005 06:53 AM
What development platform do you use? Yui Unifex MUD Coding 14 06-19-2002 06:47 PM