Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 09-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
rendekar

rendekar is on a distinguished road
Fast paced combat without stamina mud

Currently I'm happy with Geas(rp enforced, realistic gameplay and such) but I'm looking for a second mud for my tastes. It has to offer fast paced combat as the title suggests.

It's cool if comsumption gives hp/sp and such. I don't like my character getting tired a lot. Also, it's better if it is not rp-enforced.
rendekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
shevegen

shevegen is on a distinguished road
Re: Fast paced combat without stamina mud

Or you could tell the admin there that stamina drop sucks and should be removed.

It was an ad-hoc addition anyway. The old codebase only knew fatigue via the "alertness" levels.

The original codebase went into movement walk/run; the newer codebase went a "delays suck" (PO Luchtainiel's original quote back in 2001) and never really found anything that works as a replacement. In particular newbies got hit hard by the pointless stamina system. Admin also never understood why it sucks so much since they gave up play-testing their own game at about the time of adding the stamina sub-system. I am unaware of the later changes but it seems to be a copy/paste idea from PO Okkita originating from MMORPGs and "burst" actions. Admittedly a lot of focus for a game that claims to be "rp-enforced", so I am not even getting your comment - you can play just fine without any roleplay.

Let us know if you find a MUD that has fast paced and a realistic combat simulation.
shevegen is offline   Reply With Quote