Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-08-2002, 01:44 PM   #1
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Recently a few, shall we say, certain member(s) of the boards have decided to return to their old habits of spamming. Namely, the moment I listened to Unifex and stopped flaming on moronic postings or obvious "star farming" posts.

Glancing at the front page right now, it is filled, and has been mostly filled, with one person only posting irrelevant/barely relevant information to posts. Comments? Ideas? Some way to stop this spam? (Hey, you guys may have yelled at me for flaming, but I kept the spam threads to 1 or 2 threads, not all of them under latest posts.)

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 01:58 PM   #2
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
Well, here is my take. Shao was definitely spamming earlier. Dulan made it his personal crusade to get him to stop. Shao begged and begged to be left alone. Now, Shao is attacking Dulan in just about every thread I read. Note to Shao: If you want Dulan to stop flaming you, stop antogonizing him.

This thing has gotten so silly. I understand Dulan's desire to get Shao to stop, though I'm not sure I agree with his methods. As far as Shao goes, it appears that unless Synozeer steps in, we shall be spammed forever. Though I will be honest, I have already stopped paying so much attention to this place because of Xan and Shao. I don't have the patience to deal with silliness, lack of curtesy, and hard-headedness.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 02:11 PM   #3
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 02:47 PM   #4
Darrik

Darrik is on a distinguished road
Spamming is not really a good defense.  Its rather easy to ignore.

You can tell from MY post count I practice the spamming defense.

Darrik Vequir

Edit - Didn't want to get accused of starting a new post right after my previous one.

From what I can tell, Shao, you have ended every 'recent discussion' with a flame to Dulan.  If you simply ignore the kid, it would go much better.  Dulan even says stuff that makes sense... every once in a while.

DV... again

Edit... again - Also, wtf does a star mean? I managed to get one, and I have no idea how.
Darrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 03:32 PM   #5
LikitaRenn

LikitaRenn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LikitaRenn Send a message via AIM to LikitaRenn Send a message via MSN to LikitaRenn
Arrow

DV, the star thingie is sort of a counter for how many posts you have... 1-99 is one star, 100-249 is 2... etc. (not positive about the numbers, but i thought that that was basically what i noticed...)

-likita
LikitaRenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 03:33 PM   #6
Kaea

Kaea is on a distinguished road
Wink

Just a comment - as someone mentioned above, the amount of sheer spam on these forums has been quite shocking in the last couple of weeks.

I used to read them because I was interested in how people did things in other MUDs and maybe to get ideas for other MUDs to visit and spend time on. Now every time I visit the site the recent posts are always by the same few people and pretty much only saying the same thing. It's a shame, but I've stopped reading the forums because I'm not interested enough to sift through the rubbish every day.

I really hope everyone will settle down and start using their posts more responsibly because this was a damn interesting site until this happened.

Kaea
Off for now
Kaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 03:42 PM   #7
Darrik

Darrik is on a distinguished road
On that note, I would like to point out that, in the previous forum system, the recent discussions were absolutely useless to me as well... they tended to revolve around the introduce yourself, Tavern and other 'chat' forums.  I simply went into the forum page and checked the forums to see if there were new messages ( Legal and Advanced Dev are really the two things I actually read ).  There isn't really a lot of spam on these things, although Legal can get out of hand sometimes.  The chat forums are meant to be spammy, so they will always be on the recent discussion list.

DV

PS - for example, one of the topics in the Tavern ( and recent discussions ) is current untitled 'songs...' and wonders what songs you have in your head.  Very useful... but hey, its a bar... there are few intelligent conversations in a bar... look at this thread :p.

DV again
Darrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 03:50 PM   #8
LikitaRenn

LikitaRenn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LikitaRenn Send a message via AIM to LikitaRenn Send a message via MSN to LikitaRenn
LikitaRenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 04:18 PM   #9
Seth

Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Did hell just freeze over?
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 05:27 PM   #10
Felinda

Felinda is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Felinda Send a message via AIM to Felinda Send a message via MSN to Felinda
Felinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Spammers - Mark II - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mark your schedule! calidon Advertising for Players 0 06-03-2005 10:14 PM
Think you can make your mark? Myra Advertising for Players 0 02-16-2004 02:53 AM
spammers ? where ?? kvirk Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 05-04-2002 09:43 AM