Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-27-2005, 09:49 PM   #21
Daedroth

Daedroth is on a distinguished road
Wha? You mean achaea wont have guilds soon? That almost makes me want to check it out again...
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:02 PM   #22
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Well, guilds no longer really have control over when you gain class or whether you keep it or not, so whether they exist or not isn't germane to your earlier complaint. Guilds are currently being offered the opportunity to switch to being Houses (a much more flexible organizational structure that will play a big part in city politics). About half have switched so far. I'd be surprised if they don't all eventually switch as there is no advantage in remaining a guild anymore.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:07 AM   #23
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
That's interesting.  I'll have to keep up on the progress and try it out when the guilds are gone.  If they get phased out, I'll probably give Achaea another chance, though there are still many things I didn't like about it. If all the things I don't like get phased out, and all the things I do like stay in, it's liable to be a pretty good MUD. Though I don't like the pay-to-advance system like I said in another topic, I do like the MUD interface that Achaea uses, it's a lot easier than the built in interfaces for other MUDs.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #24
Daedroth

Daedroth is on a distinguished road
Yeah, then I wont even bother
Daedroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:19 AM   #25
Sacac

Sacac is on a distinguished road
I didn't understand you perfectly, logos. But you sounded like you just changed the word "guild" to "house."
Sacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:32 AM   #26
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Well, insofar as all organizations of people are organizations of people, they're the same. But, two of the most important aspects of guilds - that they controlled access to classes and that only a single class was allowed per guild - have been removed. Houses allow multiple classes within, have a more flexible leadership structure, and soon will have direct influence over city governments. They'll also be working on establishing House icons (if they wish) that grant various benefits to House members, and will provide for player vs. player conflict insofar as the Icons are attackable by other players.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:31 AM   #27
kasa

kasa is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Check this mud out. It's fresh on the market for players!

Honest opinions..
kasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #28
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
I posted this before, but I guess it didn't go through. So here;s the short verison. I think Accursed Lands and Lusternia fill your requirements. Now, I've been away from AL for some time and I'm just nosing around Lusternia now.

1. Everything saves, to my knowledge, on both games.

2. Like I'll say later in the post, AL's totally IC. You figure allmost every trade or the mechanics out by trial and error, yesearching IG or RP. I'll say 75% of all the stuff I did look for ( like skill lists, maps and such) were out in the open in Lusternia. There's still stuff to figure out by yourself, though.

3. AL is skill based, I think. So go through your daily life of hunting/crafting/etc and you will learn your trade. Lusternia has a Influence system, quests, etc.

4. AL has lots of secret places and such to explore. Lusternia had explorer rankings and lots of nicks and cranny's to explore too.

4a. Crafting skills? AL, check. Lusternia, check.

4b-c Both have herbalism. AL's is a secret and if I remember right, figuring out the herbal and alchemy system is like a mini-quest. Find that out and you will find yourself in a great position. If you're like me, this will interest you.

5. Last I checked, AL was still growing. But whenI played, they changed the starting city. So that all newbies start in the same common city, rather than their hometowns.

6. AL, I don't know. Lusternia, I guess so.

7.I can't really comment on either's storyline.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #29
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
So how is the class system going to be worked out now?
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking For a Game - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medievia just AS A GAME marzzbar Tavern of the Blue Hand 75 08-03-2006 01:55 PM
MUD game Dianii Newbie Help 5 03-10-2006 02:27 AM
A new game to try out Ivalaine Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 07-24-2004 03:26 AM
Game Searching... Omegadawn Advertising for Players 3 05-28-2003 04:08 PM
The Name Game Loremaster Advertising for Players 7 01-12-2003 03:00 PM