Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 10-27-2002, 11:39 PM   #21
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:13 AM   #22
Wenlin

Wenlin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wenlin
Sounds like a good idea Syonezer; a forum for the forum games, and they won't show up on the front page for those that don't like them.

Don't screw with the post counts, and guys...stop bickering. There's an option to not view post counts if its that important. Turn that on and never speak of it again. NONE OF YOU.

I personally use post counts to see how active someone is. Even if all the posts are in flames and forum games, they're here a lot. If someone has 2 posts, they're new, but otherwise you'd have to go through the trouble of looking at their signup date.

Dulan, Xan, and Shao may not be the most honest or hard-working (real posts) people here, but they are very active, and obviously have nothing better to do than to go to TMS every 5 minutes (don't worry, I'm the same).
Wenlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:14 AM   #23
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
OMT... I don't even want to comment at all...

This is plain stupid, to be so unforgiving, bitter, and always-angry! Just plain stupid...
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:17 AM   #24
Wenlin

See?! Shao made a post 1 MINUTE after I did!

And what's ?
Old 10-28-2002, 12:45 AM   #25
Xanferious

Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
Xanferious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 07:26 AM   #26
Ingham

Disable post counts altogether.

Not that I think it would help, I'd just like to see what Dulan would whine about after post counts are disabled, hehehe.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:44 AM   #27
Synozeer

Synozeer is on a distinguished road
I've created a Forum Games forum and moved the appropriate threads there. However, I just realized that we also have a Storyteller forum where people are playing games (aka Continuing Story). Which forum do you feel that game is most appropriate in?

-Synozeer
Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:54 AM   #28
Santrilla

Santrilla is on a distinguished road
Santrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:13 AM   #29
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Wenlin, compare me to that trash again in the same sentence, and I'll flame you to the ends of the earth. Unlike them, I was never involved in any spam solely to raise my post count.

If you want to claim that flames are spam, then bring in at least KaVir and Molly into your comments. Not to mention, what, half the other boards?

Syn: Definitely forum games. I don't want to see a continuing story on the recent threads.
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:37 AM   #30
Wenlin

Now we need an ignore option, Synozeer. Otherwise, Dulan, keep your freaking mouth shut when its not important. I think I will compare you to [trash? I never said trash. I said that you three are at least here a lot, that's a good thing, hopefully] if I want to.

Now I reitarate, because that last post of yours was directed at me. I haven't seen many of your posts because I don't like flames at all, so I was generalizing when you posted a lot on this particular topic (Forum games).

Flame me to the ends of the earth? Don't make me laugh. Save your breath\hand energy and do something productive, like...

Play Quake 3.
Play various Half-life mods.
Read some Piers Anthony.
Go poke around people's Livejournals (not necessarily mine, of course, anyones).
Go get Warcraft3, it rules.
Make a comic on Paint.
Sleep.
Answer different topics on TMS in a non-stupid fashion.
Burn some music onto a cd.
Empty the trashcan, you seem to like it so much?
Talk to someone who cares.
Don't bother the dragon.
Go to the 'stupid websites' thread and visit everything on there.
Admire dragon pictures.
Wait for to come back online.
*Sigh* Don't bother the dragon.

Okay, I'm out of ideas. Its been fun, Dulan, really. But I can't help but think that you ARE trash, when I didn't think so before you posted.

Ah ah...
Thank you, time for me to do one of those productive things.

Edit:
If you want to ignore everything I've just said, take it to PMs, like Orion Elder said. Too late for me, but don't be silly and clutter up this thread that's about discussing the forum games.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:44 AM   #31
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
*sigh* Take it to PMs, children.

On the subject of post counts, someone with a post count of two is not necessarily new. It just means they don't post a lot. I saw a guy, who registered quite a time prior to the post I saw, and his post count was a whopping TWO. Post count proves nothing.

Except in the case of <insert well known spammer's name here>, and <insert sex of well known spammer here> spammer friends. In which case it proves they know how to slap the keyboard a few times, and click the mouse on the submit button.

Now, if you want to continue to bicker over post counts, take it to PMs, go to a chatroom, or what have you. Just don't do it here.
Orion Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:44 AM   #32
Synozeer

Synozeer is on a distinguished road
I'm thinking that the Continuing Story might be better in the Forum Games section, which would leave the Storytelling forum for people's stories, logs, and so forth. I'll wait until I hear some more peoples' opinions on the matter.

-Synozeer
Synozeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:27 PM   #33
Wenlin

Yes sir, Orion Elder, sir! Dulan'll probably ignore you though. I just wanted everyone to hear a list of productive things to do.

And that's probably best, Synozeer. It really is more of a game than a true log\story\whatnot. And its a very large and popular (For some) thread that some would argue that it gets in the way of important things on the front page. Go ahead and move it over.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:08 PM   #34
Santrilla

Old 10-28-2002, 02:30 PM   #35
Ogma

Home MUD: DartMUD
Ogma is on a distinguished road
A most definite improvement, Synozeer! Well done. The most recent discussions list on the main page is useful now.
Ogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 04:10 PM   #36
Galdor

Galdor is on a distinguished road
I love the idea of having a "Forum Games" area but have just one question...will all polls be required to go into them too?  My personal opinion is yes as most of the polls I've seen here are fairly inane and have very little to do with mudding in general.  Granted, this particular poll was useful, but I'd really like the rest to go away and not have to see them on the recent forums.
Galdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:01 PM   #37
Wenlin

For the last time, polls have reason to be in any forum. There was a very nice poll in the building forum.

But, it seems like the Tavern is the place for "stuff that doesn't belong in the other places" and there's specific things for on-topic. So I'd like to see a forum for off-topic banter\useless polls. AND a forum for general MUD concepts. Hey, there's one for advanced MUD concepts, why not basic?
Old 10-29-2002, 09:51 AM   #38
Galdor

Galdor is on a distinguished road
Maybe that would have been a better way to put it but that was basically what I meant. Those polls that are off-topic banter (ie what color socks do you wear) should go in the Forum Games (as polls feel like nothing more than a game to me) where we don't have to see it on the recent forums.
Galdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 04:47 PM   #39
Santrilla

Personally, I think that polls don't really count as games. Word association and the photo games do, whereas polls are generally just for fun or to learn opinion.

Also, I personally view the Tavern as an off-topic forum. I don't see much point in having another forum for useless banter, considering we already kinda have one.
Old 11-02-2002, 03:20 PM   #40
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote

Forum Games - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roleplaying in "Non-RP" games Brody Roleplaying and Storytelling 18 05-30-2005 05:42 PM
Favorite Games? Ilkidarios Tavern of the Blue Hand 25 02-03-2005 11:19 PM
Historical Games out there? Nichibotsu Advertising for Players 1 06-16-2003 07:44 PM
Should continuing story be moved into Forum Games? Santrilla Forum Games 2 11-18-2002 04:10 AM
Coming from Other Games Sanvean Advertising for Players 0 09-28-2002 08:03 PM