Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 02-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #1
Sieowen

Sieowen is on a distinguished road
Greetings all!

I've been mudding for wow..ever. Immed too! But now im old and cranky an im looking for some specifics in a fun game to play and i swear to you all, i only want to play a fun game, i swore off being an imm for all eternity:P  I want to play Here is my dilemma though, apparently, what I enjoy in a mud is very diffcult to find these days, but over the 14 years I've discovered what i like in my mud, so i will list what i am looking for and leave it to you fine folk to possibly point me in a direction.

1.  Level-less, Class-less
2.  Roleplay
3.  An advanced crafting system for the girls, combat system for the boys:P Or vice versa
4.  Diku heavily modified code (seems to be the only code that supports the above proper)
5.  An immortal staff that does not suffer from several, if not all forms of mania. (Like the man in Lethal Weapon, im to old for that....stuff)
6.  Freedom of character development, consistant plotlines.

Thats about it i think, if you have any suggestions, myself and my other old fart RP friends will be happy  try the mud out

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Sieowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
The Vorpal Tribble

The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
Though I don't think its Diku, I do have an LP-based MUD that has everything to the word that your after called Accursed Lands.

1. Leveless and classless. Any race can be any profession, though each race has plusses and minuses that make it difficult for them to achieve the finesse that other races could, depending on the skill.

2. We are Roleplay mandatory and triggerers/botting/using OOC communication such as AIM or ICQ to cheat the language system will result first in death and relocatuion to the other side of the world. Do it again and you may be banned from AL permanently. Many players write their own character histories and play by it.

3. We have a very realistic crafting system, with hundreds of things to make. From tanning, skinning and leather working using the pelts you skin off of animals, to smelting, metal working and mining skills that will let you craft weapons and armor, to simpler ones such as basket weaving, logging, whittling and herb gathering.

Our fighting system is likewise advanced and realistic, giving you no hit pool, but a health stat and portions of the body that can be harmed, crippled, or destroyed. Lose or cripple an arm and you drop any object you have and can no longer use the arm. This happens to the leg and you fall to the ground, no longer able to stand or fight very well. This happens to the body or head and you go into a coma until you heal. Heavily damage the body or head and you die.

4. Our staff is very dedicated and helpful, and though many jokes have been made, I would not call any of them maniacs.
They also do not mess with your character ICly or bother them in any way (unless your botting, see above).

5. You can make your character anything you like. We have an indepth and detailed theme that is made to give basic guidelines for each race, such as mysrra are honorable and truthful, and bramans are pacifistic and standoffish. You can go against theme, but you better have a good reason/excuse/story to give it plausibility.

I can guarantee that if realism, in depth theme and originality is what your after, AL will have you hooked. Our character generation is likewise very unique.

Server:
Port: 8000 and 8888
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:11 PM   #4
Sieowen

Sieowen is on a distinguished road
Sieowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:03 PM   #5
sosaria

sosaria is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sosaria Send a message via MSN to sosaria
Got the MUD for you.

1. Class-less, level-less... yep.
2. Intensive RP. Mandatory... yep.
3. Crafting system, yep. Check out the crafts in the webpage. Combat system, yep. Detailed output, none of that stock stuff.
4. DIKU. Yep.
5. Immy's usually keep themselves hidden. If you want an NPC animated, they can do it.
6. Currently there are three ongoing plots that is taking place. Yep, you can take your character to whatever path to tread on.

7. RP points given for exceptional roleplaying.
8. 24+ Players on on peak hours.

Try it out.
sosaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 02:16 PM   #6
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote