Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-21-2004, 10:46 PM   #1
Asalyt

Asalyt is on a distinguished road
Wink

Asalyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:10 AM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:59 AM   #3
Frostflower

Frostflower is on a distinguished road
Frostflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:39 AM   #4
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Also, when Frostflower says "hit the x" she does -not- mean to click the "x" on your client. DO NOT do that until you have -typed the letter "X"- from the menu options to exit the game.

Further - if you are waiting for a character approval (not the account acknowledgement) you could see what the status is of the character application by simply attempting to log in. If it was accepted you'll show up in a place called the "Hall of Kings."

If it hasn't been accepted yet, it'll say "pending" I think, or something similar. If it has been rejected I'm not sure what it will say, but you'll see some clear indication.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 02:25 PM   #5
Asalyt

Old 05-22-2004, 05:56 PM   #6
erdos

So this morning I ran ad-aware to check if I had any spyware on my system or anything.  After a few minutes of checking files, suddenly I get this message:

"Warning!  Internet Explorer is connected to the TopMudSites.com forums!  These forums are known to be saturated with cheap, intrusive advertisements!  Sh!tty-ass muds will even go so far as to pretend to post as players having technical problems, just so they can sneak their advertisements into the Tavern of the Blue Hand!"

I was then told that this problem cannot be fixed through Ad-Aware, but the program offered to launch an "immunization" which would prevent my computer from ever making any outgoing connections to Armageddon, or any of the other crappy muds which use these tactics.  I of course chose yes, and I recommend everyone else do the same.
Old 05-22-2004, 06:34 PM   #7
Sanvean

Sanvean is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sanvean
I'm one of the admins of Armageddon, and if this is an advertising ploy, it's not one I'm aware of. We've had a rash of problems with people making accounts from hotmail addresses lately, and I presume this is more of the same.

I understand it's fun and cool to make unsubstantiated accustations like this and I've enjoyed reading some of your more over the top trollings, but this is just plain an outright lie. We pay for a banner ad on here and people post reviews on here fairly often, so suggesting we're so desperate that we're resorting to unethical tactics like this seems a little shaky.
Sanvean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 08:56 PM   #8
Asalyt

Thumbs down