Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 10-20-2003, 12:36 AM   #1
Songsworn_Draconita

Songsworn_Draconita is on a distinguished road
Talking

Just thought I'd clarify a few things for those who may have read the most recent review of DragonRealms.

OK, I don't know where the poster got the idea that the areas were mostly stock, I certainly have yet to see any "stock" areas that looked like what I've seen in DR. As far as classes...well, some of the names of the guilds are the same as the names of stock classes (bard, the mage portion of warrior mage and moon mage, cleric, paladin, thief, ranger), and as he didn't say which guild he actually tried, I can't clarify about that guild specifically (you can only have one character slot with a free trial, and a month is not a fair amount of time to judge all 10 guilds, even with 10 character slots) but in the case of the bard, both mages, paladin, and ranger guilds, to call them nothing but recycled "stock" classes, would, in my opinion, be a compliment to the stock versions...especially to the stock bard classes. (mutters something into the air about glorified rogues)

Pkilling is forbidden, correct, but controlled Character vs. Character is permitted via the challenge verb, or via something referred to as "consent", though that is not encouraged, as PvP is not intended to be a part of DragonRealms. Also, by botting, I assume he means scripting, and only AFK scripting is illegal, ATK scripts (such as scripts for travelling) are permitted, and used by many so they don't get carpal tunnel!
Sadly, in the starting city of the Crossing, there often is very little in the way of RP, though outright OOC is frowned on. As far as IMMs go (or in the case of DragonRealms, GameMasters) let's just say you don't have to be able to take notice of them for them to take notice of you.
Ok, I guess he never ran across an in-game GameMaster-sanctioned society called the Mentors. Their function is to help newcomers with such questions. Also, if he couldn't find any mentors available, he could have gone to his guild and WHISPERed to someone, asking them to help him with the basics, or said something aloud stating that he was totally new, and needed help. Also, there is one (supposedly) IC channel, but you need something called a gwethdesuan to access it.
Ok, there is no recall, however, there is a direction verb, IF you're in one of the two starting cities. As for dying permanently, during the first circle one gets five free resurrections, and after circling for the first time (it's circling, rather than levelling, BTW) one should get favors, usually upon attaining the second circle the guild leaders give a lecture about "it's time to seek favor from your god". This is a case where a newcomer can ask for help aloud without going into OOC.
As the experience system in DragonRealms works different from any of the systems present in other MUDs, I'd say it'd be extremely difficult to actually max out a character. Let's suffice it to say you need to gain experience in certain skills to gain guild circles, rather than experience in the guild to gain skill levels.

I hope that this little response has clarified some things for those that have read it, and that the information contained herein may help others who honestly wish to try DragonRealms.

from the player of Draconita, Bard of Murrula
Songsworn_Draconita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:20 AM   #2
Enzo

Enzo is on a distinguished road
I like the way you replied to this person's review. You didn't just whine and moan about what someone said, and actually took the time to clarify things, and make it apparaent what was true, what wasn't, and what are alternatives to things they didn't like. Wish everyone was that good at what you're doing, good job.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
Songsworn_Draconita

Question

Thanks, I tried to keep it civil. I just got so sick and tired of negative reviews, that I finally had to post.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:33 PM   #4
Treestump

Treestump is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Treestump
Treestump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:26 PM   #5
Songsworn_Draconita

Arrow

Review Response - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Response to Burning Down The House the_logos MUD Announcements 24 03-25-2005 01:10 AM
Response to latest Armageddon Review Jazuela Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 06-13-2004 10:39 PM
Shadows of Isildur: "Review" Response. Traithe Tavern of the Blue Hand 5 12-05-2003 01:35 AM
Review response: TP MUD Pleos Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 10-25-2003 10:47 AM
Review Response Terloch MUD Administration 15 10-14-2003 03:38 PM