Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD and RPG Webmasters
Click here to Register

Old 08-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
ozental

ozental is on a distinguished road
Are you looking for an updated MUD website or MUD forum?

Hi there.

Firstly, let me tell you a little about myself. I'm 34 years old and from London, England and have had an interest in RPGs for many years now. I have been a god/immortal on several MUDs of various types, the most consistant of which was on MozartMUD. I have also created, run and hosted my own MUD for a few years. I also wrote and designed the web site: although sold this web site to another party two years ago (although the design and content as you see it now is identical to mine - although they have added the Google Ads part to the site).

After that small introduction, I will get straight into the details here to see if there is any interest in what I have to offer (obviously if there is, we can explore the possibilities a little more and provide more details about me). Basically I am looking for a new 'forum based' project and was wondering if anyone would be interested in having me revamp your current MUDs web site and turn it into perhaps more of a forum-based site where members could post messages and comments, etc. (I'm sure you know the type of thing! ).

Anyway, at this stage, I won't go into any more details but perhaps if you are interested at all in this, post a comment here or drop me a PM here with your contact details so we can discuss this more.

Regards,

Ozental (aka Empire)
ozental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #2
Laiu

Laiu is on a distinguished road
Re: Are you looking for an updated MUD website or MUD forum?

Thank you for your reply to my post.

I would enjoy if you could help with my MUDS page, however I dont want the whole thing to be a forum. There could be a part of the site, perhaps, that members can goto and enter the forum...

If you think something can be worked out here, please email me at

I would gladly speak with you and see what could be done.
Laiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
ozental

Thanks for the reply back. I think I'll need to decline then at this stage, as I'm looking to make any site more forum-based. Naturally one can include all the typical MUD site content into a forum (like history, worlds, help files, downloads, etc.) should you choose to change your mind.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:28 AM   #4
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about

Do you design your own forum software, and can you design one to meet the specific needs of a client? Sorry, I am unsure if you're interested in just making a forum-based website or if you're capable of designing forums specific to a particular mud.

Thanks!
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #5
ozental

I certainly won't 'design forum software' as there are many good ones already out there. I would aim to use something like phpBB3 to make a forum-based web site for a MUD.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about

It would be helpful to clarify for the readers at this point where you're coming from on this. Are you:
No implication intended here that any of these options are good or bad, but if it's clearly laid out you might see more interest.
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
ozental

Sorry if there is any confusion...

No, I'm not looking to get paid in any way ... payment is just the enjoyment of working on a good project.

And no, I'm not looking for an administative role on a MUD, although I guess some level of 'godness' might be needed to I can 'wizjump' around MUDs and gather information.

So as I said, I am offering to build a forum/site for a MUD (preferably one that has some active users and is open to the public) - either on the MUD owner's own server, or on my own server. I won't run any ads or link backs on the MUD site.

Hope that helps a bit.