Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 02-22-2003, 10:55 PM   #1
Alajha

Alajha is on a distinguished road
I have been MUDding since MUDs first came out, way back when, 12 years or so ago.
Tonight, The Weave closed.
It marks a time in my life, a time when something is ending. So many memories of so many people, we've done so much, I've laughed so much and yelled so much, loved and helped and befriended people, and now, we're all moving on... I just feel old and tired.
I never thought my best memories would be so painful. I remember when I first logged in to a MUD, first created my first character (Either Vivianne or Natasha, I think, to you oldbies out there who remember).
All week, I have been searching for a great WoT MU*. And I just haven't been able to find one. I keep comparing the existing ones to, like, True Source, or Legions of the Dragon, or even WoT MUD, when it was new.
When you log off The Weave, like so many MUDs, you get a goodbye message. This one was, "Goodbye, friend, I hope you rejoin us in the Pattern soon."
I started crying, and I still can't stop.
Alajha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 03:07 AM   #2
Santrilla

Santrilla is on a distinguished road
It's always painful saying goodbye- in any situation. But in every situation one thing is true. Dwelling on it never helps. It hurts, and for a long time you feel like you can't go on. But there is always an alternative. So there aren't any other good WOT MUDs out there? Try a different themed MUD. You never know, you might end up enjoying it.

S**t happens, and you move on. It's the only way.
Santrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 06:36 AM   #3
Frostflower

Frostflower is on a distinguished road
Endings hurt, whether it is us leaving or them. When the first MUD I played (Farside) closed, I left my character sleeping eternally next to my favorite NPC. And I cried too.

Alajha, there may well be good WoT Muds out there, but none of them will be the one lost. They will all feel 'wrong' until the the grieving is done.

Give it time, do the other things. Take Santrilla's advice and try another theme. Or, if you can and need to, take a break from playing. Time does heal.
Frostflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
Alajha

Alajha is on a distinguished road
Alajha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 12:57 PM   #5
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
MUDs came out about 24 years ago, not 12 years ago. MUD I was released in 1978.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote