Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 12-02-2015, 04:48 AM   #1
Kurdock

Home MUD: Materia Magica
Home MUD: EmpireMUD
Kurdock is on a distinguished road
Wink Greetings From Kurdock

Well, after more than a WEEK of waiting for the forum admins to give me approval for posting in the forums, here I am! I've been a huge fan of text-based gaming ever since I discovered Aardwolf on the Google Play Store a few months ago. Unfortunately, Aardwolf just wasn't my type and there was a period where I was jumping from MUD to MUD, hunting for something that would actually suit my interests. Then I came across Avalon more than a month ago, and have been playing actively ever since.

Ok, that wasn't a long time. But I guess 70 + hours a week is a long time? I've clocked 358 hours 45 minutes since I first entered Avalon, and those 358 hours were probably the best hours of my life. There were some rollercoasters, of course. Getting slain multiple times doesn't exactly make you feel good. But for some reason I've stayed. I've persevered through it all and I'm starting to get the hang of combat. Though I still get slain once in a while, I guess it helps me learn, helps me get better.

Enough of Avalon. More about me. I'm a (surprise) 13-year-old kid from South-East Asia (no prizes for guessing which country) and I like to think of myself as a handsome athletic boy. Haha just kidding xD. Anyway. Sometimes my timezone makes it a bit difficult to mud, considering that most of Europe is asleep during my prime hours. But I still enjoy it anyway. Less people online = more quests to complete. Unfortunately, less people online = less people to slay which sucks I guess. Haha.

I also play EmpireMUD, a MUD where players can create empires, build structures, fight wars, engage in diplomatic relations, establish cities and much more. (empiremud.net:4000) Its a relatively new MUD, established around two years ago, and has a rather small player base (10-15 players online at most)

I also used to play Achaea (got bored of the people there), Ateraan (got annoyed with those super RP-enforced people who kept reprimanding me for saying something OOC, and also with the people who didn't let me join the Druids guild because the presentation I did for them wasn't entirely my work), Akanbar (too few players and boring combat system), and several others which I prefer not to mention.

I'm an active redditor, too, by the way. /r/mud, by the way, is the subreddit where most MUD-related discussions take place, in case you want to pop by. Oh, and I'm always looking for new MUDs to try out. I don't like non-original codebase MUDs, Hack and slash MUDs and super old but dead MUDs though, for your information.

Thank you for reading! And sorry if I somehow offended anybody.

Kurdock
Kurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #2
nyanko

Home MUD: Imperian
Home MUD: Alter aeon
nyanko is on a distinguished road
Re: Greetings From Kurdock

Welcome, Kurdock! Great to have you among us, MUD fans. You might take a look at Alter Aeon when you get a chance. There are lots of players from all over the world. Rarely is there a time when there are fewer then 70 people playing, so you will always have a chance to pk in the arena or chat with someone. Alter Aeon is very dense with practically thousands of quests. Have a great time in any MUD you choose!
nyanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:33 AM   #3
Kurdock

Home MUD: Materia Magica
Home MUD: EmpireMUD
Kurdock is on a distinguished road
Re: Greetings From Kurdock

Thank you for being the ONLY person to welcome me. Of course I'll check Alter Aeon out, I've already seen its webpage but I doubt I'll stay.

You see, I like Avalon's competitive and largely unrestricted PK (newbies are spared) and for me the mix of politics, thousands of skills, challenging quests and feats and exciting PK is just perfect. Also, there aren't any quest lists about that reveal all of Avalon's quests - not even a simple list like the one in Alter Aeon's webpage. and that makes questing/exploring a lot more rewarding - to complete a quest with barely (if no) help, in gives you a feeling of success and achievement that no words can describe. And to finally slay an opponent who has been taunting and killing you for the past month? just...wow. In fact (I believe) we would have many many players if not for the 20 badges which newbies have to attain to complete apprenticeship in their guilds. Most new players quit there, actually. Also most people aren't used to the amount of PK there, and sometimes give up after getting killed a few times by their peers. *shrug*

Anyway, I enjoy it a lot, and I'm sure many others will as well if they push through the hard times. We all have to learn right? I'm now slightly over one month old in Avalon and I've still got 424/500 quests to complete, 302/3560 life experiences to experience. And nobody in Avalon has completed both of them, not to mention 58/60 deeds (harder quests) to complete. So wish me luck xDxD.
Kurdock is offline   Reply With Quote