Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 09-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
Ytrewtsu

Ytrewtsu is on a distinguished road
telnet: au.betterbox.net port 5000

Adventures Unlimited is a rom based (2.4b6) mud that has been in existence for over 6 years. We have evolved from being a very stock mud to having many original features and areas. Many features have been added to shape the world of Tharel into a fun and engrossing world where leveling isn't everything. Our staff is loyal and dedicated. Our players are friendly and accessible. We are roleplay encouraged.

One of the main things that concerns me when I find or log onto a new mud is the rules and how they are enforced by the immortal staff. The following list summarizes how we deal with people in general.

1. We are fair and try to treat everyone equally.
2. We do not tolerate people who are disrespectful to the immortal staff or other players.
3. We give most players multiple opportunities to abide by our rules before site banning.
4. We remove people who cannot follow our rules.

We like people who are looking for a long term game and are willing to commit some time to playing and experiencing the world of Tharel.

See you on Adventures Unlimited.

telnet: au.betterbox.net port 5000
Ytrewtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Why do you list this website (TopMudSites) as the Adventures Unlimited website?
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
Ytrewtsu

Old 09-10-2005, 06:47 AM   #4
Legali

Legali is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Legali Send a message via MSN to Legali
Ytrewtsu, I think you are cutting AU down with your advertisements.

Second to aardwolf, I personally think AU is the most developed MUD based on ROM on the internet, and the area quality is second to none.

Heh
Legali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:07 AM   #5
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
I take it the twink who thinks he's being clever by posting the strange rants in the review section under Ytrewtsu's name every month is one of the banned players?  Don't you just love it when 12 yr olds don't get their way, & feel posting a temper tantrum every month is how they are going to get even?  I'm sure he thinks he's being very creative, but in reality, it's just pathetic...
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:57 AM   #6
Ytrewtsu

Yes, thank you for noticing.

On a positive note, we advertise a good deal more than we used to.

Ytrewtsu
Old 09-17-2005, 02:36 AM   #7
GuruPlayer

By the by, I see the twinkie troll has posted his strange rant again in the reviews section.  The poster's e-mail address is , all you Adventures Unlimited fans should e-mail the twink & "review" his rants...

After all, this website's admin isn't going to moderate the reviews like Mudconnector does...
Old 09-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Yeah, those stupid "bang strum twash" things are really getting on my nerves now that you guys drew attention to it.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:07 PM   #9
Jirah

Awareness is half the battle.

Jirah, SB
Old 09-25-2005, 12:26 PM   #10
GuruPlayer

Oh yeah...I'm aware the troll posting the twink reviews is a pathetic childish grump who was probably banned for cheating, & has a grudge against the mud.  I'm also aware that repeated troll reviews for a variety of MUDS constantly appear on this website because the administrators are unwilling or too lazy to moderate the review section. A bad review based on an accurate assessment of a MUD is one thing, repeated (this is not a one-time troll review we are referring to) twink rants from banned cheaters should be deleted, period.  This crap doesn't appear on Mudconnector because they moderate the reviews.  I'm a fan of the review section, but I'm beginning to agree with the MUD admins who have disconnected the reviews for their MUDS, why put up with the crap?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #11
Legali

Legali is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Legali Send a message via MSN to Legali
I think Ytrewtsu realizes that even if someone does read yregwyns (I would go as far to say comical) reviews, laughs some because they make no sense really, then actually plays the mud, it works as positive publicity. It seems he has written the last six or seven reviews (I think mirein has one in there somewhere) so at least someone is putting up something about the mud there. I know just about anytime I see a review for AU up there its from him so I read it and chuckle.

From what I have read before the guy that owns the site simply does not have the time to moderate everything and I recall reading somewhere on these forums he was looking for moderators. I do not know how that turned out though.

But really though, no matter how determined Yregwyn is, eventually he will find something better to do than write that trash about AU up.

Unless of course, someone acknowleges what he is doing and he reads that, would probably make him think what he is doing is having some effect.
Legali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #12
Fishy

Fishy is on a distinguished road
Finally someone states what has been said and agreed upon so many times in the past. Any advertisement, reviews etc.. is beneficial for the mud. Since people already know not to trust what's written in the reviews they might just end up checking out the place for themselves. I actually think it was one of the "twinkie reviews" that made me try out AU once upon a time... Now if he reads this thread and realizes that he is actually an asset for the mud, he might stop.
Anyway I had fun reading it, keep up the good work
Cheers /Fishy

ps. if it really really bothers you, disable reviews from now on!
Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #13
Markov

Markov is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Markov Send a message via AIM to Markov Send a message via MSN to Markov Send a message via Yahoo to Markov
While yes the reviews fomr Yergwyn are anoying and at time infuriating, they shouldn't be responded to, and thankfully he is one that has sworn off forums, so he'll likel;y never even see this thread.
Markov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #14
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
If only there was a way to ban negative reviews, THAT would be the day!
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #15
Ytrewtsu

I would love it if the review section had a place for comments. It would also be nice if the system required the person posting the review to be registered here.

Its very difficult to take the high road when our mud gets slandered and many of the posted events are just not true or exaggerated so greatly that they do not resemble the original event at all. I like the review section on this site and I think it provides valuable exposure to muds who get little otherwise but lately I have really been reconsidering allowing them for AU.

I will stand by what I originally posted for this thread - we try to be fair and consistent with players. We give multiple chances before we take extreme actions (like banning).  

Oh on another note, Adam has been quite good at removing reviews that have been "trash" in his eyes. We have not asked for these to be removed but over the last 6 months or so when reviews have been out of line, he has removed them (of his own accord not that we don't appreciate it).

Have a great day.
Ytrewtsu

PS Our address has changed too its now: tharel.net 5005

Ruling with an Iron Fist! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Win $1000 from Iron Realms. the_logos MUD Announcements 1 03-09-2006 08:57 PM
Iron Realms is hiring! the_logos Advertising for Staff 12 12-15-2004 07:18 AM
Iron Realms on IGN the_logos MUD Announcements 0 08-16-2004 04:01 PM
Iron Realms on IGN the_logos MUD Announcements 0 08-16-2004 04:00 PM
Iron Realms Entertainment the_logos MUD Announcements 4 08-07-2003 01:40 AM