Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
realmsofvalor

realmsofvalor is on a distinguished road
Arantha

Because I couldn't resist posting next to the other A's.
Arantha: The Realms of Valor is a roleplay-enforced MUD based off of D&D 2nd edition rules. Our world is 100% original with mechanics familiar to your old table top sessions, and a dynamic of players, world, and fierce combat to match! We boast over 3,500 rooms, each with a unique description that both depicts your surroundings and injects you with worldly lore. And we are always looking for new players!
Feel free to check us out at arantha.net:4000.
Perhaps peruse our website at ?
Thank you and have yourselves a fine day!
realmsofvalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Odd Raven

Home MUD: Arantha
Odd Raven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Odd Raven
Re: Arantha

I'm pleased to finally see Arantha having a post here! I kept thinking about it, too. Mentioning players is important - the way the game works allows you to create intricate friendships, not to mention the benefit of so many helpful "faces". But if we're going to talk helpful, I want to mention my very first impression of this MUD:

I was plopped into it and was sort of sheepishly blundering about, not terribly sure what I was going to do with myself, but before I could start to stray back towards more familiar settings, several of the players greeted me cheerfully, welcoming me by name to the game on a separate, clearly-marked channel: And wouldn't you know it? Those players weren't just players, because a few of those greeted me as well, more interesting and perhaps more important to me was that the staff had greeted me. These guys with their busy lives, running this MUD, doing their coding bit and working behind the scenes to make things move slowly really kept in touch, thus far, with the best thing about a growing MUD:

"Hey, we have players and they make this work. Maybe we should act like people and talk to them."
Odd Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
realmsofvalor

realmsofvalor is on a distinguished road
Re: Arantha

Hello Odd Raven,

Thank you very much for your kind words! We first began work on Arantha as players of a previous MUD that had shut down. This is why our motto is "By the Players, For the Players".. because we were and are players too, and hosting informal ooc chatter is part of building the open community we desire.. and you are quite right, players are the lifesblood of our & any game!
realmsofvalor is offline   Reply With Quote