Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Coding
Click here to Register

Old 12-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
caimen

caimen is on a distinguished road
Ajax MUD

First I want to say I am glad the topmudsite forum finally approved my username after a week. I was afraid for a minute that the MUD community had completely died off.

I am currently working on a project located here . Users may login as the user test and the password test, since I have no way creating a character at the moment, although I am working on it right now. I would like as much feedback on what I am doing here. The goal is to create a browser based MUD. I want to keep the basis of the actual MUD effect here, but I want to create things like the mini map that has been created. I believe with a browser based mud has some more capability than the traditional telnet client. I think the telnet client is turning off the newer generation of gamers. More people are looking for browser based games I think. My goal is to create a MUD with extra features such as a mini map to better understand your location in the world. I want to create a more team based player killing MUD, where players compete for cities. Cities will be ruled by players, unless the NPC's get ****ed and try and take it back over. There will be wars against cities between player run governments. Also inflation of gold will not be possible like most MUDs and MMORPGs. My goal is to create a stabilized economy that expands and more and more players play. More player control and dynamic NPCs that can be recruited by players or go rogue against players. NPCs that can gain strength by killing players is important to creating a dynamic world. I have created a forum on the site, I appreciate all feedback towards the game. I am really looking forward to anything anyone has to say about how the MUD works, and how it should progress. I am also looking for testers. Anyone who is willing to help test should post on the forums requesting a user account.
caimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about
Re: Ajax MUD

Bad time of year sorry. Need to figure out how to give other mods ability to approve new registrations without the full admin control panel.
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:34 AM   #3
caimen

caimen is on a distinguished road
Re: Ajax MUD

No problem Lasher, just glad to be here. I am also looking for any suggestions anyone might have for a name for the MUD given the description I have here.
caimen is offline   Reply With Quote