Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 03-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #61
Luvan

Luvan is on a distinguished road
Luvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #62
Gorgulu

Gorgulu is on a distinguished road
I have been playing Lusternia for well over a year now. I have never once been 'solicited' to make a payment, and besides the announce posts in which the admins announce upcoming credit sales, I've never once heard a god suggesting that someone should buy credits, let alone demanding it.

My current character is a Marquis within Magnagora, which is the highest rank a citizen can attain without being on the ruling council. He is also a high-ranking member of his guild, holds several positions (including guild protector and the head of the Ministry of the Ambassador), has reached level 70, has decent skills, and is, overall, a fairly well-known and respected authority within the gameworld. I have never sent IRE one penny of my money, and I doubt I ever will. There are plenty others like me.

By the way, ever noticed how most people use IRE bashing more to promote their own MUD than to slander IRE's MUDs? "Yeah, they suck, but look at what we have...
Gorgulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:30 PM   #63
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:02 PM   #64
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Everything was okay up to this point.  I've never really seen someone use this tactic on the forum.

Most attacks are actually valid bad points of the IRE game system.  However, certain individuals don't like Matt, and thus let this carry into their arguments.  But even those folks wouldn't just use it as a cheap way to advertise their MUD.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #65
Sarvasti

Sarvasti is on a distinguished road
No, you don't have to spend credits to become one of the Council, You have to prove yourself to the city to be elected to become a council member. To be a part of a commune's/city's ruling council you have to be a guild leader, and nothing says you had to buy credits. Just prove that you will do a damn good job of running that guild and that city. You can TRANS a skill without buying credits OUT OF CHARACTER, there are Ingame credits which you have to spend gold on. NOT MONEY.

I would like to simply say this: Those of you have posted to this and said that Matt simply started this thread to provoke people, then don't be stupid enough to reply to it. (Not trying anything bad about Matt starting this) Matt, in my opinion, started this thread to get all of you who flame in other threads at Matt to flame in one place and not screw up those other threads. I've seen that sort of thing happen, on the Lusternia forums. It gets nasty. And we've got a rule on there: NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. And many of the comments on here are personal attacks.
Sarvasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #66
Ilkidarios

We already have a [Flames] thread, so I'm not sure why he would make this one.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #67
Sarvasti

For his own enjoyment?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:48 AM   #68
Ilkidarios

Probably, I obviously wasn't started for reasonable discussion. It's pretty much a bait thread. Some people act like it's to bring all the anti-IRE people into one area, but it's really only in certain areas anyways.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #69
Luvan

Luvan is on a distinguished road
Luvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #70
FenringThalion

FenringThalion is on a distinguished road
Matt r teh suck

Nerf IRE's ads plz

<insert random and badly spelled flame about Matt's mother's weight here>

kthxbye
FenringThalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:19 PM   #71
Ilkidarios

You're acting like posts like that weren't the reason this thread was started.  If Matt didn't want people to speak badly about him, then maybe he shouldn't have started an Iron Realms flame thread.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #72
talith-malinos

talith-malinos is on a distinguished road
ok well maybe he shouldn't of done that

talith of the rouges
talith-malinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:53 PM   #73
Sarvasti

Why nerf IRE ads?
Old 03-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #74
lovechiefs

lovechiefs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to lovechiefs Send a message via AIM to lovechiefs Send a message via MSN to lovechiefs Send a message via Yahoo to lovechiefs
I have already posted many times,but let me repeat.
My character is Ikki.I am playing all 4 of IRE muds.No one has ever asked me to pay for credits or such.The games are free to play,anytime,from anywhere.If players want to spend their money on credits,that is their right(I bought credits only once for Achaea).
However let me repeat this again.IRE MUDS ARE FREE TO PLAY
lovechiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:18 AM   #75
talith-malinos

talith-malinos is on a distinguished road
i may not play ire's rpgs but i have looked at the reviews and have done the novice introductions and have progressed to high lvls without  having or have been asked to buy credits

talith of the rouges
talith-malinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #76
The_Disciple

The_Disciple is on a distinguished road
lovechiefs and talith:

My question would be, but are you competitive in PvP?
The_Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #77
Baram

Home MUD: Tears of Polaris
Baram is on a distinguished road
I have been, and without spending money.
Baram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:07 AM   #78
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
talith-malinos @ Mar. 21 2006,02:18
What reviews? IRE don't allow any reviews.

And if you don't play, except for doing the newbie introductions, how exactly did you progress to high lvls?

Just curious, since your post doesn't make any sense at all to me.
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:21 PM   #79
Baram

Home MUD: Tears of Polaris
Baram is on a distinguished road
Reviews, he might mean the testimonials IRE has from players on their website. As for the other part... I was thinking the same thing as you.
Baram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:46 PM   #80
CookieMix

CookieMix is on a distinguished road
It's time for me to stop lurking and start posting. I'm a player that lurked these forums for last few months. Yesterday I formally registered as I thought it could not hurt. I haven't played MUDs for long (Just over a year now). I bring this to the boards- I played only two MUDs and one of them being IRE's (Achaea to be precise). I know zilch on programming and I have no MUD that I operate or work with.

It is possible in an IRE mud to attain the maximum level (And potential) without using money. The caveat here is time. Unless one person has mass amounts of free time and by mass I mean solid weeks, or even months of clocked gameplay. Another perspective is if one graphed this. For example- Population(y axis) against Maximum Potential (X axis). The graph will be a bimodal with the middle being the fewest as there are two distinctive classes or poles. The middle connecting both poles represent players with patience and or minimal sums of money. As the ends represent those who can afford it (time and money) or those who cannot (Not enough time or money).

So yes, Matt is technically right that his MUDs are free to play, since one can attain the maximum level and potential (In a much longer time frame). However, that person would need to have devoted substantial amounts of time to do so, an amount unparrallel to a person that payed.

Was I deceived by Matt and his firm? Well at first, I didn't know what credits were, but it was made evident within the first hour of gameplay having asked "What are these credits that peole keep talking about?". Do I wish that they can make credits more clear on the homepage or to newbies? Yes. Was I peeved? Not really but it was a shock and explained many oddities among players comparing to myself.
CookieMix is offline   Reply With Quote

Iron Realms sucks! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Win $1000 from Iron Realms. the_logos MUD Announcements 1 03-09-2006 08:57 PM
Iron Realms is hiring! the_logos Advertising for Staff 12 12-15-2004 07:18 AM
Iron Realms on IGN the_logos MUD Announcements 0 08-16-2004 04:01 PM
Iron Realms on IGN the_logos MUD Announcements 0 08-16-2004 04:00 PM
Iron Realms Entertainment the_logos MUD Announcements 4 08-07-2003 01:40 AM