Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 07-21-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
eitreach

eitreach is on a distinguished road
Looking for a worthwhile, consistent MUD

I've been playing for a few years, mostly IRE-games, so that's pretty much what I'm used to. Having run through most of them, I'm getting a bit restless though - and annoyed enough by some of the features to look into something else.

I'll just write a list, really.. I am looking for:

1: A generally mature playerbase, in the sense that I won't be met with "omglolHIasl?" and the likes. A place where people actually write complete sentences. Which brings us to..

2: An environment suitable for developing a character. A rich world background, developed guilds and cities would be nice.

3: A class/level system that does not require the number-juggling of a banker. I don't want 'endless possibilities', I want class consistency. I don't mind a fixed amount of abilities and spells, as well as they well thought-out. Now, class consistency..

4: Classes, which share many of the same skills are just silly, in my opinion. No go. Uniqueness, please.

5: I adore player-run organisations. That's one of the things that has kept me going back to IRE.. as well as my funds has. I like the thought of interacting with other players that way.

6: Equal possibilities for every player, which leads us to..

I'm not looking for:

1: Pay-for-perks or pay-to-play. Donations are fine, as long as it doesn't give IC-advantages.

2: Unrestricted player killing. Prefer spending my online time living rather than dead, thank you. Restricted is fine though - at least one has a choice, in that case.

3: And with that, I don't want to play with and against programs. The code-whoring of IRE got to me as well.

4: MUDs where multi-classing is forced. This rules out such places as Medievia.

I don't mind the possibility of OOC-communication, as long as it's clearly seperated from what happens IC - in fact, it'd be nice. Knowing folks is nice.
I try to be as open-minded as possible, so give me something to work with.

Last edited by eitreach : 07-21-2008 at 11:22 PM.
eitreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
bytre

bytre is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a worthwhile, consistent MUD

I'll offer up the mud I admin for, Ancient Anguish. I think it meets a number of your criteria.

bytre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Without going into detail NW meets every single one of your criteria. Either look at our description here on TMS or check out the website at: .

I would be happy to explain in detail how each item is met if you wish, but thought it might be redundant. Key factors are:

1. Mature playerbase (we require you to be 18+), because our players enjoy maturity in roleplay as well.

2. Roleplay enforced (The only ooc areas are designated specifically for boards and out of character locations to deal with rl issues and game issues).

3. Free. We do not even accept donations.

4. The world is unique and intricate and based on the book that is found on the website, so the background is full of rich history.

5. Player run religions, guilds, and organizations.

All the other items can be found on the website or in the game. We welcome all mature, quality roleplayers to come by and you seem like you are seeking that, so drop in!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road

We meet 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Dealing with #2, our staff and players are still fleshing out time lines, histories and back stories for the world. If you like to write there is a place for you in this creation as well.

We meet 1 and 4.

As for #2, our CvC is unrestricted, but we have never had a single problem incident, other then a couple players unhappy with thieves (and a fix where anything in a container becomes safe was added) .

#3, I don't quite get, but if you mean "having to know advanced client usage, triggers, macros and scripting" then that would not be the case with us. If you like to suggest modifications to the code and see them seriously considered (and some even added the same day) then we fit.

We do have an OOC channel, but channels can be turned on and off easily. Our forums are rather active, and are a very decent free-speech zone to express any thoughts.

We are in a perpetual alpha-phase, but the world and code are coming together nicely. If you want to help shape a world we could offer you the chance. Our players are always happy to meet new, mature, good folks to share the world with, and I am always happy to meet good players and play testers.

Address:
throes.slayn.net
Port:
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
Subform

Subform is on a distinguished road

Hi

With the chance of sounding like a complete liar, i can actually grant you your positive wishes from 1-6 ..
And just to push it alittle further i can also tell you that you'll never meet the negative things 1-4 on Deeper Trouble.

I just promoted the mud i've been playing on for the past 13 years, for the first time ever ..

Read about it, and tell me what you think ..
Also, use my email and arrange a meet in there, if you want a guided tour of the standard things you need to know. Its an original MUD, so many things will be a little bit different.

Link below:
Subform is offline   Reply With Quote