Alter Aeon August 2019 Update
We are proud to announce our event for this month, the Feast of the Sacrifice! This event will begin on Monday, August 12th and end on Friday, August 16th. The event will feature special Eid themed quests, and it will be for players of all levels!
Important updates in July:
- Additional runes have been added to channel casting, ranging from decreasing casting lag to using shadows to do increased damage to angels (which requires shadow mastery).
- There have been improvements made to scribing scrolls, so you will be able to scribe a scroll using spellcomps that have an affinity for the spell, not just an affinity for its spellgroup (if that spell can be added to scrolls, of course).
- We also added two new spellcomp affinities: shadow and force fields.
- Crafting skills now all use a unified system for calculating movement point cost.
- Metal constructs made from metal with spell resistance or absorption stats will gain corresponding saving throws.
- The Cartographers' Guild is now active. Guild advancement is dependent on explorer points. Higher guild rank allows access to private guildhalls which stock caches of minor but useful supplies. (We now have an answer when newbies ask us, "What are explorer points used for?")
- We've made a number of improvements to jobs to have them make more sense, such as keeping newbies within an appropriate level range and locking high level players out the newbie islands entirely. This is in addition to the efficiency updates to stop job construction from lagging the game.
- Sea boarder encounters are now active. This means that when you are sailing, strange sea creatures may board your vessel! Some have friendly intentions, but most are hostile. Some encounters only happen during the day or the night, and certain ones may be limited to specific sectors of the world.
Upcoming coding and building updates:
- Sea border encounters can be built live in the game, so expect more to be steadily added throughout the coming months.
- As for guilds, look for an Assassins' Guild to be set up next.
- We have plans for a livery skill, based on tailoring, for making decorative items of clothing. This skill should be ready for October and is intended to help players design costumes for Halloween Havoc.
- Work continues on the new Nightmare Planes zones and other event areas in preparation for Halloween Havoc.
- We've have been working on making sense of all the Ralnoth quests and figuring out a good layout for the aforementioned quests. The goal is to have guide players to appropriate level areas to complete quests.
- We plan on adding many more job types, including jobs for the various crafting skills.
- We plan on improving the spell metadata readouts, so that spell help pages will have a line at the bottom telling what player crafted items can have them, such as potions, tinctures or druidic spellstaves.
Later this month an interview will be conducted with the world builder Draak using the question-and-answer format used previously with Dentin and Morpheus. More information about this and other updates can be found in our August Youtube audio presentation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sQDJHIOVf0