Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 02-18-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
kking

kking is on a distinguished road
Well.

First off, need to voice my opposition to any heirarchal staff system. Majority of the time, turns out bad. Been designing a MUD sans wizzies for some time now, and up to this point, I've done well without 'em. To tell the truth, most out there could solo-create a half decent game.  Not difficult, just a little more time consuming.

And I'd planned on keeping it this way. Yep.

Kinda woke up with a new concept, though. Might work out, if the right people are found. Not entirely a new concept. Might not even work out. hm.

Anyway, if you want to take a stab at a revolutionary MUD, uh, concept, please reply to this post only with the following:

Name, and whatever else.

Previous MUD administration experience -not- required. Previous MUD experience is, though. Some area creation and/or unbelievably creative mind a huge plus. Multi-genre expertise and adaptability also a plus, but not so much as a creative mind. And you've gotta be a good person. Really. No shysters, please.

As for the game, basic deal is a FP/strategic empire building whatnot. Scenarios run a week or two, and bam, apocalypse. Scenarios created, by, you. I guess.

As for the multi-genre rant, yes, it's multi-genre. Three off-hand thus far, with two subdivisions. Ancient, Medieval, and Postmodern timelines, with either Realistic or Fantasy, uh, concepts? Basically six muds rolled into one, with a bunch of extraneous stuff throughout.

Sound fun? Building for it isn't online (yet, haven't had a need, might consider it), doesn't require the actual area to be built (areas based on ASCII maps of the globe, countries, continents, etc. Got a pantload of 'em.). All you do is populate the scenario with whatever you can imagine. Really. Nothing else.

(yeah right)

But anyway, reply if you have an interest in creating a game for the sake of creation, not for the desire of power. Or something similar.

-Korrigan
kking is offline   Reply With Quote

Pseudo-full staff needed. Sort of. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Staff Needed jasontift Advertising for Staff 0 05-08-2005 12:18 AM
Staff needed on SOTF Savitri Advertising for Staff 0 04-18-2005 06:21 AM
Staff needed xanthic Advertising for Staff 0 12-30-2003 06:02 PM
Whole Staff Needed Jayl Advertising for Staff 0 10-11-2002 12:39 AM
Staff needed funkalicious Advertising for Staff 1 06-18-2002 01:36 AM