Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 11:16 AM   #41
Seth

Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
What do you base this upon? Upon your own single experiences? Maybe you ought to realize that you are not the only person in the world that matters, but allot of people do. Henceforth, neither Xanferious or me are lacking "basic lessons of courtesy". Both of us are just the center of attention of an egomaniac who believes that as soon as anyone doesn't like him, the other person is a social failure. And yes, I am refering to you, my dense little egomaniac forum-dweller.

And what do you happen to know about Xanferious' or my personal life then? I'm really quite sure you know nothing about it, so hence why your conclusions about us lacking certain thing IRL are null and void and will be dismissed as random utterings by a egomaniacal person who suffers clearly from an "illusion grandeur". Perhaps your personal attacks on both of us all of the sudden are merely to "compensate" for your own lack in these various areas?

As for me constantly lusting for netsex, do you even realize how much you are making yourself look like a moron right now? Yes, I realize I'm a horrible flirt and I think no one here of the female population on these forums is really offended by me being a flirt. If they are, which is quite possible, they should tell me and I'll apologize to said person with all honesty and stop with the innocent flirting. Perhaps the fault is not with me, but with yourself. After all, using your own psychological babble, your insults about me aiming for cybersex are just to "compensate" for your own inability to talk with people of the opposite gender. The rest of your pseudo-psychological babble will be dismissed, once again, as the ramblings of a man with an ego the size of Wales.

The last bit is supposed to be funny isn't it? You either got a very weird and uncommon sense of humor, or you are just as dense as Mr. Bush Junior. Also, please stop refering to Xanferious and myself as the same people, thank you. I'm sure someone with your pseudo-psychological "intellect" realizes that we are both very different people, who live at very different locations on this planet.

Finally, I'd like to take this oppurtunity to tell you that, dispite your own believes, the world does NOT revolve around you. Xanferious and I are not social misfits, merely because we do not fit in your perfect ideology of forum-posters. Neither do we compensate ourselves for a RL lack by spamming on these forums. In fact, the only real danger on these forums is from people with a closed mind, who aren't capable of accepting new ideas, new things or anything other then the things they define as standard. These kind of people usually punish other people out of fear that their ideal little fantasy world is disrupted. 64 years ago such a person was called Adolf Hitler. Nowadays, we have Dulan on these boards, spreading his wicked ideological ideas around and claiming to be the messiahs. I rest my case, you bitter little proletarian.

Go on, be predictable and amuse me, puppet.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:45 PM   #42
LikitaRenn

LikitaRenn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LikitaRenn Send a message via AIM to LikitaRenn Send a message via MSN to LikitaRenn
Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2002, 10:04 PM   #43
Xanferious

Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
damn Seth, That was deep...
Old 05-02-2002, 01:24 AM   #44
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Meinh.

Here's my only comment, Sethie-poo: Check out the 'Me too!' thread.

If my word isn't enough, maybe theirs will convince you. Even Unifex has stated that you spam, and he is about the most unbiased, most refusing to choose a fscking side person I've met.

-D
Old 05-02-2002, 05:08 AM   #45
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
Old 05-02-2002, 06:02 AM   #46
Alastair

Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
Well, if this isn't a confession to childishness, I don't know what would be.

Getting rid of the post count and ratings seems to be a definite way of improving the overall quality of the discussions here, despite some people claiming they don't spam for the post count.

Which leaves me wondering why they would bother making asses of themselves in the first place.

*shrug* It's not like the MUDding world was devoid of immature egocentrics, though.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:40 AM   #47
Xanferious

Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
Old 05-02-2002, 07:44 AM   #48
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Old 05-02-2002, 08:03 AM   #49
Seth

Orion, here we go again.... :)

I will once again repeat, that I am NOT after netsex/mudsex/cybersex or any of that whatsoever. Why do you people think that? I mean like, come on.... Like I already said, I'm a hopeless flirt, but an innocent flirt for that matter. I am NOT trying to get in any girl's knickers on these forums.

But my flirting is not the issue here to start with. If you feel the need to discuss it, I invite you to PM me and we'll settle it that way.

In a way, you are right. However, I do not post allot of messages on here to disrespect others. I merely post allot in the "General" section of these forums. If I have something to add to a more serious discussion, then I will post it. However, I try not to flood those forums with useless messages. Secondly, unlike others, I do not usually 'do' one word replies. I know that's not what you are talking about right now, but still, allot of people seem to think I do.

Well, pointing out failures in a person isn't the nicest things to do anyways. Besides, I think my post to Dulan over here already contained more then enough examples of how Dulan lacked in several fields? Maybe I didn't exactly used that one line as a basis of my post, but surely that you could find the idea that Dulan is lacking those "basic lessons" out of my post?

I don't think that removing post counts or rating will stop me from posting lots of innocent messages in the no-so-serious forums. My post could could be reset right now right here to 1 for all I care. That doesn't stop me from having fun on these forums with people I like, does it?
Old 05-02-2002, 08:08 AM   #50
Seth

On another note, how do I delete my own posts?
Old 05-02-2002, 01:02 PM   #51
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Old 05-02-2002, 01:28 PM   #52
Shao_Long

Old 05-02-2002, 03:11 PM   #53
Orion Elder

Some threads require or illicit one word responses. Those aren't the ones I'm talking about. I'm talking about pointless, count-bumbing, blatherskyte like 'heh...' or 'that's cool.' If they specifically asked, 'Do you think this is cool?' then in turn a response such as 'Yes.' or 'No.' would then be warranted... sure, we might want more elaboration, but such a post WOULD be warranted.

As for what the Tavern of the Blue Hand is, the Tavern is:

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't see the word 'SPAM' anywhere in that. I see 'post about anything.' Which, to me, conveys post a meaningful post with a purpose, rather than something that does nothing more than add another number to that ticker so many of you SEEM to be trying to make look like the speedometer from the Bugs Bunny and Gremlin cartoon.

Now, as for my other post, if you considered that a 'stupid' and 'petty' insult... not much I can do about that. *shrug* Though, I don't see how telling you that spamming the hell out of people isn't nice is a stupid and petty insult.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:19 PM   #54
Shao_Long

hey !!!! now thats really really weird !!!!

Does simple talking and having fun means nothing for you ??
Hey..we're having fun here..And you say we should not !
Isnt its WEIRD,to say at least ?
I always thought that having fun is not a crime !
well..anyways..I'll be spamming till my ban anyways..
Old 05-02-2002, 03:30 PM   #55
LikitaRenn

Send a message via ICQ to LikitaRenn Send a message via AIM to LikitaRenn Send a message via MSN to LikitaRenn
Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2002, 03:38 PM   #56
Shao_Long

WoooHooo !!! Tremble in fear Orion,as my personal Spamming Corps is coming for you !
We will crush all opposition,and if you'll be fighting on our ground,we will destroy you completely,and then we will come and take OVER ALL THE FORUM! !!!

Praise the Spam !

*Ponders,should he draw his flamethrower again ?*
Old 05-02-2002, 03:41 PM   #57
LikitaRenn

Arrow

YEA!!!! PRAISE THE SPAM!

-likita
Old 05-02-2002, 03:44 PM   #58
Orion Elder

Actually, when these half-wits decide to post their 'heh...' and posts of the caliber, in a discussion in which I find some interest, I AM forced to download it.

No one said, don't have fun. But, if you find posting post, on top of post, with no content whatsoever FUN... well, suffice it to say that I question your definition of fun.

Furthermore, it has nothing to do with testosterone. It has to do with common decency and respect, something that those who spam others lack.

If you want to have fun, feel free. If you want to spam, go elsewhere. I, of course, am not the moderator or even the owner, so the above is simply my opinion... but it seems to be an opinion echoed by many.

I, personally, would like to see the post-bumping, spam-forcing little twits banned from this forum... not just this sub-section. Seems like about two weeks to two months ago a bunch of half-wit newbie nimrods flooded the forum and started posting anything their heart desired including advertising MUDs in every sub-section possible and posting responses that are of no use to ANYONE except to bump the poster's post count, among other things. Sorry, but there is a difference between fun and spam. If you think spam is fun, go to the MUD Connector forums. They get spammed on a daily basis. If you want quality posts where you don't come on to see a hundred posts in a day from some gimp who happened to have a hankering to type a lot of one word posts, simply because he or she has nothing better to do, stay here.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:49 PM   #59
LikitaRenn

Angry

oh PLEASE!!!! i think that the quality of the posts is sort of an opinion thing! i mean, me and shao and seth and xanf seem to like it, so it's not all about your views! besides, we're not spamming ads, and if you don't like us, maybe YOU should go elsewhere

-likita
Old 05-02-2002, 04:48 PM   #60
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
I am always continually amazed at how people will progress with their own desires regardless of how many other people they need to trample upon.

I think what has been lost in this discussion is that most people are under the impression that these boards are to be used for MUD related topics, with the occasional tangent thread here and there. However, a discussion about a MUD related topic is no longer the norm anymore. Instead, we have random posts about anything that have NOTHING to do with MUDS. What happens then, is that topmudsites becomes irrelevant to the MUD community because serious MUDDERS will not waddle through all the crap to find the few serious topics.

There are plenty of forums to diddle yourselves with delight while spamming everyone into oblivion. However, some of the people here have kindly asked you to refrain from doing so here. TMS is designed to be a place where people can discuss MUDS, not how much you love to post.

So, out of curtesy for your fellow posters, maybe you can find it in your hearts to refrain from the spamming.
Closed Thread

To spam or not to Spam ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam Baram Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 08-20-2006 10:04 AM
[SPAM] Chatterbox One Orion Elder Tavern of the Blue Hand 14 05-10-2002 08:49 PM
a spam fourm Xanferious Bugs and Suggestions 0 05-10-2002 07:51 PM
Praise the Spam !! Shao_Long Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 04-29-2002 01:20 PM