Click here to Register

Old 04-15-2004, 07:11 PM   #1
Nekekami

Home MUD: SW: Dawn of a New Age
Home MUD: SW: Shattered Equinox
Nekekami is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nekekami
Hey all,

My name is Owen Varley (Nekekami) and I am Project Leader/Head Programming for a new and innovative project known as SWERP. SWERP stands for Star Wars Enhanced Roleplay Project. The aim of this project is to produce a MUD Engine which creates a balanced and enjoyable Galaxy in which to Roleplay. It is also the goal of the project to produce a MUD Engine which has what the public wants it to have, after all, the public is who will end up playing it, why shouldn't they have a say?

The MUDing community is full of Star Wars Themed MUDs, most of them (not meaning to cause offence to those who admin current SWU MUDs) offer around about the same service. I have played on many SW Themed MUDs and have not found one which I have fully enjoyed without feeling that something was missing.

My reason for making this post here is to inform the Community of this new project, and to offer you the chance to have your say in the development of it. How do you want the different systems of the MUD to work? Do you want Turn Based Combat? How far should the Code compliment RP? Should Planets have economies? These are all issues I hope to the Development team can discuss and produce solutions for.

We are currently accepting people as both Developers and Programmers. If you read this and are at all inspired/interested please drop myself and my Head Developer an email at: and We will speak to you after that and hopefully, if all goes well, hook you up with our site forums and SWERP Community Website.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Owen Varley [Nekekami]
Project Leader/Head Programmer
Nekekami is offline   Reply With Quote

SWERP - Star Wars Enhanced Roleplay Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For you Star Wars fans prof1515 Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 06-28-2006 07:28 AM
Star Wars: Uprising MUSH Tarison Advertising for Players 0 01-31-2005 08:29 PM
Star Wars: Galactic Rising Iticus Advertising for Players 0 04-04-2004 08:24 PM
Star Wars - Erebus Expanse Gabriel Advertising for Players 0 04-28-2003 12:30 PM
Star Wars theory Robbert Tavern of the Blue Hand 17 06-02-2002 05:19 PM