Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 11-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Althi

Althi is on a distinguished road
Looking For Mercenary Mud

I am looking for a mud with a mercenary feature. for example say it had a necromancer class that could make zombie warriors and sell them permanently and or loan them to other players temporarily for a certain amount of debt which when the time went up the zombie warrior(s) would return to their master deserting the client. Or any mercenary system I didn't think of.
Althi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking For Mercenary Mud

Not sure we have what you are looking for Althi, but NWA has several classes and guilds that hire out as well as the ability to buy companions (slaves, mercinaries, guards, monsters) to help defend you or others. It is rather robust and you'd have to be in the game to see it, but many players buy slaves (even other players that are the slaves) and hire people to guard caravans or other things like this.

You would likely have to play for some time to see how the features work.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
Althi

Althi is on a distinguished road

Thanks, that sounds like what I was looking for. Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like the selling slaves feature give profit to player characters not npc?
Althi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

It is somewhat complex. How much profit you make from a slave or with a slave is dependant on what you do and what you paid for them. Slaves (player slaves) go on auction.

There are also auctions for other things and numerous ways to make money so slavery is only one aspect of a huge society (two societies actually). For example, in the Kingdom there is a Theater where you could actually put on full performances. There is shipping, piracy, whaling, caravans, underground black markets, religious fanatics, sales of magic items, bows, etc. So, you just have to play for awhile to see.

Take a run through the website and look at the way things are structured. This might help:

We also have a good staff and helpful players once you get into the game if you have questions they can help you.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote