Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Administration
Click here to Register

Old 11-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
scandum

scandum will become famous soon enough
Advertise with TinTin++

For anyone interested I offer advertisements for TinTin++, an open source multi-platform MUD client I've developed and maintained since 2004.

The advertisements are text banners shown on client startup and typically look something like this:

In short, if you'd like to advertise I need the name of the mud, the website url if you want it included, an eight-line description wrapped at 80 columns, the address, and port.

The cost for advertising is $100, preferably paid through Paypal, and the banner will be included for 12 months, and expires after 24 months. Only one banner is randomly selected and displayed per client startup.

I included my test mud with last year's advertisements to monitor the traffic, and with five MUDs participating over an 11 month period my test mud received about 300 connections from unique IPs, and about 150 new player logins. From what I know this compares quite favorably to other forms of advertisements.

Email me at if interested or wanting to renew your advertisement, preferably before the 21st of December.
scandum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
scandum

scandum will become famous soon enough
Re: Advertise with TinTin++

Two slots and six days left.

For those on the fence, TinTin++ is downloaded about 20.000 times a year with an unknown number of package downloads from package repositories. In comparison CMud (according to its download page) averages 34.000 downloads a year.

While the TinTin++ advertisements aren't too visible for regular users with auto-connect scripts, the advertisements will be visible whenever a MUD is down while the client tries to connect, which is by far the best time to be seen.
scandum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Heathen

Name: Jim
Home MUD: NCMUD (ncmud.org:9000)
Heathen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Heathen
Re: Advertise with TinTin++

Is this still available?
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
scandum