Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > Advanced MUD Concepts
Click here to Register

Old 06-16-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
Dre

Dre is on a distinguished road
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 07:36 PM   #2
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
Hail!

Not a bad idea, and I can see how it could be the basis for a good game.

My first question has to do with size. As a new game you cannot expect to have a large playerbase so how many different vital crafts can you have? If you want Cities to be able to go to War then I assume you intend to have more than one?

This means each City would have to have enough Crafters to handle all the vital jobs. This might be a bit limiting and certainly means you cannot have 20 of them for each City, at least not at first.

What you might do is to make a small number of skill groups, and let a player have a few of them at first. But they can only get really good at one. That way a basic 'weapons crafter' can handle all the weapons/armor needs if they are the only one. When the City grows, people can afford to specialize and take advantage of the greater skill.

I love player-run Cities, with everything that goes along. But I would STRONGLY advise against having any Immortal have any direct connection to any place. This only leads to conflicts of interest and problems aplenty. Any Staff member who is allowed to interact should do so with the whole game, and not have anything that would tend to cause them to play favorites.

Let players run the show, and make them live with the decisions they make. This is better for the drama of the game, and avoids ugly problems.

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 03:19 AM   #3
Dre

Dre is on a distinguished road
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote

Community forming - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Community suggestions Davairus Bugs and Suggestions 11 06-20-2005 10:53 PM
Looking fer Community(long) Prufrock Advertising for Players 13 07-05-2004 12:45 PM
New Project Group Forming Alexander Tau Advertising for Staff 0 02-20-2003 10:37 AM
Greetings, MUD Community Almondine War Introduce Yourself 1 02-18-2003 06:37 PM
ooc community on RP muds? kleftis Tavern of the Blue Hand 3 08-01-2002 02:29 PM