Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
HurricaneEWAR

Name: Jeff
Home MUD: Everwar Rebirth Redux
Home MUD: everwar.dune.net 4242
HurricaneEWAR is on a distinguished road
New admin

My name is Jeff. I am an old school mudder.
I recently coordinated efforts of several players and got a mud up and running, and I'm overwhelmed! I need to find a place that will have the time to list my mud so that players from all over can find it. I'm sorry to say but my muds listing is still up and old, EVERWAR. I have released the everwar rebirth and its the only everwar up right now. Is there any admin here that can help me get the listings corrected? I am getting players each day and I want to try to find places that encourage players to seek out new MUD's.

Well any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hurricane
Everwar.dune.net 4242
HurricaneEWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
Markov_AU

Name: Ben
Home MUD: Adventures Unlimited
Markov_AU is on a distinguished road
Re: New admin

Welcome to the world of running MUDs, List here, TMC, and Mudgamers.com to start out, they seem to drive the most traffic look at other free gaming lists too I forget some of the ones I am listed on honestly. but my analytic say the 3 I mentioned are tops. If you've got a webpage, make sure to do a bit of SEO and mention text-gaming and RPG as well as MUD, (possibly MMORPG too...)

Markov

Markov_AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Hades_Kane

Home MUD: End of Time
Hades_Kane is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hades_Kane

In addition to the others Markov_AU mentioned, Mudbytes.net and MudStats.com are also other places you can list. MudStats.com is mostly useful if your game supports the MSSP protocol. If you plan to support MSSP in the future, I would probably wait to list it there, because it takes them a while to get anything updated.

As far as an old or defunct listing, I'm sure if the game hasn't been able to be connected to in quite some time, or if you can provide any other details to any of the site admins where it is listed, it shouldn't be too difficult to email them and ask that the listing be taken down. Most sites don't want a bunch of dead MUDs cluttering their listings anyway, so I don't imagine you'd have too much trouble.
Hades_Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Hades_Kane

Home MUD: End of Time
Hades_Kane is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hades_Kane

I also forgot to mention that if you have enough information to fill one out, there is a wiki for MUDs setup at:
Hades_Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough

Excellent suggestion, Hades, but I think it's also worth stressing that MUD Wiki is a wiki rather than a mud list. Your entry for End of Time looks good, but I've seen at least one other person copy and paste their mud listing into their entry, which is a bit of a missed opportunity.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote