Alter Aeon July 2019 Update
The seventh annual Summer Solstice Celebration of Alter Aeonstill ongoing! We decided to extend it for another weekend so everybody has a chance to finish the event quests! The summer event will now end the morning of Monday, July 8th.
Here's a summary of recent coding updates we did in June:
Here is a list of code changes coming up in July:
- Critical skills for the thief class were rebalanced, meaning that the balancing of all six classes is now complete. Skills and spells have been spread out more evenly, and each class's abilities now require roughly the same number of practices
- The druidic mooncatcher skill is now fully developed and implemented. Mooncatchers can be filled and then sealed, transforming them into moondust, a spell component with unique properties.
- Areas can now have a geology type set. Certain minerals are more common in some geologies than others. This should help players find particular minerals more easily.
- Shopkeepers that randomly restock herbs will only load herbs from the sector they are located. This should help non-druids find certain herbs more easily, especially for jobs.
- Druid called animals can be fed by giving them prefered foods. This helps them recover from combat. They have strong preferences for certain foods, so while a black bear may eat a wide variety of foodstuffs, a moose will not eat fish, nor will a mountain lion eat fruit.
- Instead of tripping, called alligators now perform a "death roll" against badly wounded opponents. This attack does a high amount of damage and heals the alligator a little, but it can only be used against creatures near death that are smaller than the alligator.
- The thief feint skill will now lower and reset cooldown timers for flourish and crippling strike.
- It is now possible to directly improve the quality of crafted objects with profession points. You must know the skill necessary to craft the item to at least 90% (or excellent).
- The news command now displays when double exp system events are underway.
Last month we opened the Valley of Sacerdotes, a level 41 autogroup zone for the plane of Crepuscula.
Redferne's Floating Palace and the new Dragon Tooth research center have been finished. Everything has been releveled to level 28 and many new quests have been added to merge it all up together. Players can talk to Gimthen in Dragon Tooth to start it all. Our world builders hope to make several more quests that will aid the transition of players from Archais to the mainland.
Furthermore, work has begun in earnest to build the Palace of the Dragon Emperor, which will be a multizone level 41 group 7 autogroup instance in Suboria. Large groups of high level players will be able to test their mettle against the elite soldiery of Suboria, as well as solve puzzles in the catacombs beneath the palace. Work on the palace is expected to continue into late fall or early winter.
In other parts of the realm, workcontinues on the Nightmare Plane solo and group 4 zones, a new island for the continent of Gianasi and a new port city for the continent of Ramanek. The goal is to finish these in time for the Halloween event.
Speaking of events, our next event will be for the Feast of the Sacrifice in mid-August.Stay tuned to our Youtube channel for more updates! Check out our July update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7-7PqXOqE
- Sea-based boarders like crawling octopi, giant crabs and hostile merfolk will be up and going.
- Changes to dread portent and soulsteal to make them interact more smoothly and behave more fairly in groups.
- Streamlining job processes. Jobs generate a lot of lag, and the solution is to create standing lists of mobs and objects eligible for jobs that updates every day, much in the same way that fame does.
- Making content from the news command to be visible on the main website.