Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Smith

Smith is on a distinguished road
So I just put out the second official release of DoNClient, this version is the first one which is totally free to use.

Quite alot of work has been done since 1.0 and new features include trigger/alias groups, character management and variable monitors. There is ofcourse a swag of bug fixes and smaller improvements as well.

While you are there, checkout our MUD DoN as well.
Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:14 AM   #2
Smith

DoNClient 1.1.1 is out, if you use the 1.1 installer, you can goto help->about and click upgrade to begin the autoupgrade process.

This version includes MCCP v2 support via telnet option negotiation.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #3
vitae

vitae is on a distinguished road
Quick Question:

Unlimited multi-classing:  Choose any combination of 11 classes, each with its own unique abilities

Players on Dead of Night can choose any combination of 10 classes for their characters.
Shapeshifters
Lycanthropes are the only creatures with this shapeshifting ability

Lycanthropes
Lycanthropes are the only race that can become shape shifters.

Has this all changed? I counted and there are indeed only 10 classes listed, not 11.
And does "Unlimited" only mean if you are a Lycanthrope?
Not a flame, just wanted some info.
vitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
SirTank

SirTank is on a distinguished road
I'm not going to sign up for the DoN forums because I'm lazy like that...so I'll just tell you here.
the client doesnt render ansi properly for some colors. Specifically I noticed bright yellow and bright cyan are showing up white in DoN while showing up as the proper color in every other mud client I have tried (zmud,gmud,wintin,tintin,kild,mudmagic,etc) The bright red is almost pink.

if you want to see what I'm talking about just connect to
mud.lordtrox.com 8500 and view the opening screen. the scroll's text should be bright yellow and the bottom of the dragon's flame should be also, along with that dude's eyes. Maybe if it looks correct to you, I have something in the client set wrong?

I'd also like to make a suggestion. You want a really kickass client, make optional windows. lets say, as in Gimp, your client had the ability to open up multiiple windows, and you just provide the target parsing code to us Mud Admins (like how MSP works) and so we can send info to specific windows. For example if you had a window for Player Stats, I could continually send a char's current stats to the client to be displayed, also Char Affects, etc. that way a player doesnt have to continually type those information commands in, which clutters up the main window.

Sure I understand users have a way in some clients that they can open a new window and setup a script to pipe the output to it, but they still have to manually type the info command or at the least write a complicated script (which most players don't know how to) to accomplish that. At the least the player just doesnt use those windows so all text is still outputted to the main screen, at the most, a player can really have some power to focus on the game. I guess I just really like how Gimp is setup as a UI, and wish someone would do that for a mud client.
SirTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
Smith

To Vitae:
Yes, I'm afraid that documentation is somewhat out of date. We have 10 classes + 2 experimental ones which are still being developed and expanded. Our web maintainer has been on holildays, I'll get him to clean up the confusion

And, there is unlimited multiclassing, its just that some multiclass combinations will require you to have a specific race. Namely if you have shifter as one of your classes, you must have lycanthrope race. I can see how you might consider this not to be unlimited, but it is all in the interpretation I think.

To SirTank
The ability to adjust what each ANSI color looks like, including with bright/dark modes is scheduled for 1.2. The current selection of colors is my own, and if you put white and bright yellow and bright cyan next to each other you will indeed see they are different. I am considering finding a better default choice for those colors!

Additionally, MXP support is comming in 1.2 - I am indeed considering implementing the windowing support which is part of MXP, DoNClient itself already supports multiple windows enabled from triggers to capture arbitary data sent from the mud.
Additionally MXP variables will be added to the users variable section so they can enable variable monitors to watch them.

But in any case, thanks for the feedback, hopefully the next major release will cover your needs. (I forsee about 2-3 weeks until release, although some features may be available by autouprade prior to that)
Old 01-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #6
vitae

vitae is on a distinguished road
so....it is like I said, it's unlimited only if you choose Lycan.
vitae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
Smith

Well, if you choose lycanthrope you can't choose any multiclassing combinations which don't include shifter. So for any given race choice it is not unlimited, it is unlimited multiclassing, not unlimited multiclassing/race choices.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:03 AM   #8
Smith

*cough*

Get back from holiday to discover that the 1.1 installer has had incorrect permissions so it couldn't be downloaded.

Appologies to anyone who tried to download it while I was away, it is now fixed.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:48 AM   #9
Smith

DoNClient 1.1.2 is available via autoupdate.
This version adds the ability to change the defaults for ANSI colors as well as light and dark. It also adds the ability to customize the keypad actions beyond the default north/south/east/west/up/down.
Work on MXP is next, look for 1.2 to be released next weekend.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #10
Smith

Changed the forum settings, donclient support/bugs/ideas forums now allow guest posting.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:37 AM   #11
Smith

Been a little busy so MXP is going to take a bit longer.
In the mean time I've done some work on making triggers/aliases easier to use. I have added a tool to help ensure you write your match strings correct first time everytime.
For aliases, I've added Alias and AELFAlias alias types tailored specifically for aliases, which makes which options to choose in the alias window much more obvious.
I have also rewritten the logic for the command history to make it more effective at doing the most common tasks which a command history is used for.

And ofcourse a few bugfixes.
If you use the installer, ensure that you goto help->about to update to the latest version.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:00 PM   #12
SirTank

SirTank is on a distinguished road
that's awesome, thanks. keep up the good work!
SirTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #13
Smith

I decided to put out a new installer so have upped the version to 1.2. New in this relative to 1.1.3 is search box in the copy tool, support for tabs and the ability to adjust the ANSI White/Black definitions as well as all the other color definitions.

DoNClient 1.1.0 is out - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New DoNClient release! Smith MUD Announcements 4 10-11-2006 10:20 AM
DoNClient gets a new release. Smith MUD Announcements 0 08-06-2006 09:01 AM
DoNClient 1.2 released into the wild! Smith MUD Announcements 5 04-20-2006 12:04 PM
DoNClient - Now Free! Smith Advertising for Players 1 01-14-2006 11:56 AM
DoNClient 1.0 Smith Advertising for Players 1 01-03-2006 01:53 AM