Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Newbie Help
Click here to Register

Old 08-29-2004, 03:55 AM   #1
Enzo

Enzo is on a distinguished road
Alrighty, so recently I bought zMUD, and it has been working great for me, until recently. I have two characters on the mud I play, we'll say Bob and Fred for now.

Bob carries with him bread. I have an alias set called 'food' where everytime I type 'food', he gets bread out of his backpack, and eats the bread.

Fred, my new character, carries rations with him. I want to have an alias where I type 'food' and he eats the rations.

Now, I'm trying to get it so when I log on Bob, he has a list of aliases specially for that character. When I log on Fred, I want to have a seperate list of aliases.

I don't know how to seperate the aliases. If I change an alias when I'm working with Fred, all of Bob's change as well, since they are on the same list. Help.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:11 AM   #2
Ogma

Home MUD: DartMUD
Ogma is on a distinguished road
One word: classes

A bit longer explanation: Have one class called bob and one class called fred. Add food aliases to both of them. Have Fred turn on the fred class on log on and turn it off on log out. Same with Bob for his class.

I know this is possible, but I haven't used zmud in several years since I got rid of Winblows.
Ogma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:54 AM   #3
Amnon

Amnon is on a distinguished road
You can also use variables; when you log Bob on it sets the variable @food to one thing, and Fred is set another value.
Amnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:06 AM   #4
Kendron

Kendron is on a distinguished road
It's much more simple than that. At the top of the zMud window, click settings, save as. Name it what you like and be sure to let is save wherever it attempts to.

Now you will have a settings file for Bob and one for Fred. Changes made to each will only affect that file.
Kendron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
Haley

Haley is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Haley Send a message via AIM to Haley Send a message via MSN to Haley Send a message via Yahoo to Haley
Exclamation

or..

You can highlight on the link "fred" then click edit. Then under files click sub folder. Create a folder for each charactor. So all their triggers/aliases/macros/paths colors setting.. what have you will all be set for each charactor.
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote

zMUD - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zmud/Cmud help lovechiefs Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 01-31-2007 01:20 AM
Getting a MUD icon in zMUD - Last day! Ntanel MUD Announcements 2 02-23-2005 03:13 PM
One-click Zmud voting. the_logos MUD Administration 59 06-21-2004 03:52 AM
ZMUD Trigger ?coding? Torridon Newbie Help 7 08-20-2003 11:54 AM
Gmud or zmud? seekjourn Newbie Help 1 06-11-2003 01:56 PM