Click here to Register

Old 01-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
FidoCon II Award Badges Online!

Sorry this has been so delayed - the holidays and work made me put these on the back burner. But here they are:

If you're involved with any of the games/sites recognized during FidoCon II, feel free to grab copies of the images and post them on your website. (If you can link back to the main FidoCon page, awesome. If not, no worries!)

Thanks again to everyone who participated. See you at FidoCon III!
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Muirdach

Home MUD: Karinth
Muirdach is on a distinguished road
Re: FidoCon II Award Badges Online!

Yikes, I, uh, apparently slept for a whole month or something? I'll have to take a day off for the next one so I don't miss everything entirely. I hope everything went really well.

Congrats to Molly and the rest of the 4D team!
Muirdach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Re: FidoCon II Award Badges Online!

Thanks for the kind words, Muirdach, and thanks to Brody for taking the trouble of setting the contest up. Since it turned out to be a voting contest, I guess the explanation to our 'success' is that our otherwise notoriously lazy players actually decided to vote for us this time ...

But the sad truth is that this award couldn't have been more badly timed for us, if it had been designed in hell. Not only did the server crash the day after it was announced, leaving the Mud down for three days. We also lost our website, a month's work on the zones in all three ports, over half of our playerbase and all realistic chances to gain a positive influx from the publicity. We're still suffering from the aftermath of that crash, and only recently have we been able to retrieve most of the content of our website. We will however proudly add the graphics to it. (It's worse with the other awards that 4D has won in the past, I guess they are gone for good along with the old website).

On the bright side, we're still alive and kicking, and in time I guess most of our lost players will find their way back too.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote