Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 08-01-2002, 09:21 AM   #1
kleftis

kleftis is on a distinguished road
this review prompted to start this topic

the reviewer states that the immortals have destroyed the occ community of this RP mud, which I can understand, cause in trying diffrent muds, I found if you allow free use of occ channels/commenication, then you run the risk of the mud becomming and aol chat room.

personaly I wish more muds had a "dream world" which is a small world totaly seaprate from the game and OOC.

I don't know how many muds that say that they have RP, and I log on, and I get spamed with non-sense chat, and when I say something, I'm coldly told "If I don't like it, tune out", missing my point the point is to interact with other people, and If I see constantly chit-chating I have to assume that's all you are doing.

reminds me of my pet peeve when I played spades on yahoo, sit down and someone starts the whole a/s/l thing, I'd ignore them then when they asked, I said I'm here to play cards not make friends.
kleftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 11:41 AM   #2
Sanvean

Sanvean is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sanvean
Sanvean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:17 PM   #3
Chapel

Chapel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Chapel Send a message via AIM to Chapel Send a message via MSN to Chapel
Angry

Well...

There are two possible actions regarding excess OOC. The first is of course to remove OOC channels and force said parties to congregate in a room together and stifle themselves with the OOC chatter...

...or to force those that do not like to "tune out" as it is said. If you do not like consistant OOC, then turning off the channel shouldn't bother you. Whether its two people talking about crap forever, or a series of people saying only two lines, OOC is OOC. If you don't like it, turn the channel off and viola! the problem is solved.

Curiously its a matter of, do I keep freedom, or do I drop a stifling blanket.

Chapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:29 PM   #4
RavenDM

RavenDM is on a distinguished road
Good, glad we're not the only ones with an . (Although I don't believe it's quite as bad as that reviewer makes it out to be.)

Anybody have any creative ways of discouraging this other than waiting for somebody to get caught and banning them?

R.
RavenDM is offline   Reply With Quote

ooc community on RP muds? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Censorship in the Mud Community wolfpaw MUD Administration 8 04-22-2006 10:08 AM
Community suggestions Davairus Bugs and Suggestions 11 06-20-2005 10:53 PM
Looking fer Community(long) Prufrock Advertising for Players 13 07-05-2004 12:45 PM
Greetings, MUD Community Almondine War Introduce Yourself 1 02-18-2003 06:37 PM
Community forming Dre Advanced MUD Concepts 2 06-17-2002 03:19 AM