Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Roleplaying and Storytelling
Click here to Register

Old 06-27-2002, 10:36 AM   #1
Feyona

Feyona is on a distinguished road
Red face

Feyona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 11:37 AM   #2
Pasano

Pasano is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Pasano
Coming from the same mud as Feyona and recently leaving, I can sympathize with her problem. Feyona, roleplaying a seductress demon isnt vastly different than roleplaying anything else.

Your problem, as a succubus, is that the players around you are taking their OOC knowledge of Succubi into character.

The reality of an incubus or succubus is this, whether you like it or not, you can't resist their charms. This is what they are and what they do. They seduce people, and use that power to their advantage. A good roleplayer realizes that there are consequences, but will play along, because it is the correct thing to do. They will base their actions on what their character would do in the situation.

Poor roleplayers, on the other hand, will look at you and say 'Uh oh, Succubus, she's going to kill/rob/whatever me'. And based on that OOC determination, they will refuse to play into it, when in truth, their character should have no tangable defense against your charms. That is the dillema of playing a race like yours. People just wont do the right thing when they know it's going to hurt them, with acception to true roleplayers.

I'll be the first to say, Daedal Mac. is probably among the best muds I've played, but what you need in your situation, is help from your immortal staff. You're likely going to need the immortals to, in some way clarify the following: Incubii/Succubii are seducers, they've been for 10000 years. The reason they've done it so long is because they're damned good at it, and unless you have some compelling RP-reason, you are not immune to it. And ultimately, for players who refuse to acknowledge and abide by that, punishment will have to follow.

No amount of code can make a player RP their part correctly, it's something that they have to do on their own, and sometimes the motivation must come down from above. This seems an example of that. Having RP'd with you myself, I know you to be a solid RPer, and if my 572 hour dragon character could fall for your seduction (as he did/was doing) I think anyone else should be able to as well.
Pasano is offline   Reply With Quote

My Life as a Succubus - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Life 'child abuse' claim KaVir MUD Administration 16 05-12-2007 12:19 PM
Mafia Life? Jherlen Tavern of the Blue Hand 7 04-25-2006 11:37 AM
If mudding habits were to follow you to real life. Oji_oem MUD Humor 29 05-29-2005 02:03 AM
Necromium: Where Death is a Way of Life Ignus Advertising for Players 0 02-10-2003 06:25 PM
How much time do you keep on "real life" John Tavern of the Blue Hand 8 09-29-2002 06:56 PM