Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Shao_Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:01 AM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
You seem to have quite a high opinion of yourself - you're just the latest batch of newbies to be flamed. Nothing new, nothing special, just the same old thing which has happened for years on variousforums and newsgroups. You've been getting off pretty lightly, to be honest - back in the old days you'd have been ripped apart (along with your other "personalities"). Nobody likes children who can't play nice, particularly when they make virus threats.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 12:51 PM   #3
diaskeaus

diaskeaus is on a distinguished road
I don't know the whole story, but if newbies are being flamed for just being newbies, then that is wrong.  If they are being flamed for being rude, disrespectful, or mean, then I don't see what the big deal about being flamed is...
diaskeaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 01:22 PM   #4
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Dias: It's a "seniority" thing, so to speak.

Newbies come on, disrupt the freaking hell out of the forums/newsgroups/etc., then get flamed, flame back trying to defend themselves, and continue to do what they were doing, generally refuse to listen to the rules of the community, etc.. The community flames them for good reason. I've been flaming fairly lightly, in hopes that they get a clue. But, so far, no luck.

Here is a better form of that story, and a more accurate one:

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there was a mystical being known as 'Synozeer.' This being was the Elder admin of the mythical spell known as the 'TMS Forums', and all bowed to his mighty presence.

One day, the Elder admin realized that the old 'Forums' were growing obsolete, and using a fraction of his mighty power, created a new form of them. However, a new force came into the realm as they were created. They were known as the most dread threat of all to the old dwellers of the realm, 'Newbie/Wannabe Spammers'. For even Synozeer himself would not defend against these stubborn marauders, hoping that they would get a clue, and the realm's inhabitants were forced to take up arms to defend against their onslaught.

However, these Marauders refused to see themselves for what they truly were, and attacked the olden dwellers of the Realm, claiming that they were "defending themselves". Eventually, a large part of the Realm took up arms against these Marauders, and even then, only one of the Marauders admitted what they were, and joined the ranks of the Dwellers of the Realm. The rest of the Marauders seemed to lack a lick of common sense, and continued in their crusade against the old Dwellers, refusing to listen to common sense or reason unless Synozeer brought out the mystical ultimate weapon known as 'SiteBan'.

I believe that this is a far more accurate version of that story.

-D
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 02:00 PM   #5
Shao_Long

Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Old 05-07-2002, 02:15 PM   #6
Dulan

Hey, my story was entirely.....uhhhhh.....fictional! Just because you draw parallels doesn't mean....Wait, yes it does mean something! Do you draw parallels between my (fictional) story and your actions? Ooo! You think you spammed, Shao? Inteeereesting.

And a sidenote: If you want to go into the realm of personal attacks, Shao, I'm up for that at anytime. But, you can't go crying to the rest of the boards or Synozeer, as it'll be coming from _both_ sides.

-D
Old 05-07-2002, 02:28 PM   #7
Mia

Mia is on a distinguished road
Mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 02:36 PM   #8
Shao_Long

Old 05-07-2002, 02:39 PM   #9
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
You all need to officially shut the F*** up now, all of you, please, or this entire set of forums will just be ignored by more and more people and become an absolute waste of virtual real estate.
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 02:40 PM   #10
Dulan

What names were named, Shao?!? What names other then Synozeer, at least? I mean, he has the right to get ****ed off at me if he wants because I "borrowed" his name for my "fictional" story, but, I didn't use your name at all.

Somehow, you equate yourself with spammers. I wonder why?

Re: Terloch

When Shao and friends got away with all this spam, and the MUD Community at large barely stepped up, that was the day I stepped over towards MudPlanet's forums for serious discussion, bud. Since Syn wasn't willing to take a stand against spam, and the Community barely peeped, it established precedent so people _can_ spam at will with minimal results/reaction.

-D
Old 05-07-2002, 02:47 PM   #11
Shao_Long

Angry

Im sorry Terloch..thought I just posted a thing I thought is fun (and can you say it wasnt ?) and then to defend it from Dulan..Seeing now that he doesnt cares about TMS anyway,I think it would be wise for all of us simply to ignore him..
Old 05-07-2002, 02:50 PM   #12
Dulan

-shakes his head sadly-

Oh lord, how I love how twinks change the context and content of messages from taking serious discussion to another place to not caring anymore.

Shao, sometime bud, learn to read what people type. Not just spout off the first thing that comes to mind regardless of what the person said.

-D
Old 05-07-2002, 03:34 PM   #13
diaskeaus

diaskeaus is on a distinguished road
I realize that many of the people who post here are young, and perhaps don't know of the code of respect, but I hope, at least, that the older folks in the forums understand this term (respect), and also understand the importance of the cliche, "Don't say anything unless it's positive." That's not to say that disrespectful little people shouldn't be told off - it's just to say that knowledgeable people should refrain from inciting these disrespectful little people, because no one wins in the end. In the end, you just have a bunch of dead wolves who already tore each other's throats out.

And no one reading this should take my term, "disrespectful little people" to be anyone in particular. It is a loose term. If you take offense at it, then most likely you are one, or you are turning into one.
diaskeaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 03:37 PM   #14
Dulan

I take no offense whatsoever, Dia.

I am an irritable xenophobic old-type asshole, and I make no beans about it. But, people who continue to **** me off, people such as Shao who seem unable to comprehend common courtesy, get both barrels.

-D
Old 05-07-2002, 03:55 PM   #15
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
My storytime

Some cranes made their feeding grounds on some plowlands newly sown with wheat. For a long time the Farmer, brandishing an empty sling, chased them away by the terror he inspired; but when the birds found that the sling was only swung in the air, they ceased to take any notice of it and would not move. The Farmer, on seeing this, charged his sling with stones, and killed a great number. The remaining birds at once forsook his fields, crying to each other, "It is time for us to be off to Liliput: for this man is no longer content to scare us, but begins to show us in earnest what he can do." If words don't suffice, then blows are sure to follow.

One of Aesop's, draw from it what you will.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 07:28 PM   #16
Seth

Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Who else agrees with me it's funny to see Dulan suck up to Synozeer in the hope he'll get Shao, Xan and me banned from TMS?
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 07:45 PM   #17
Dulan

Old 05-07-2002, 07:55 PM   #18
Seth

Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Synozeer is 'okay'. I barely know the guy but he seems like a decent chap in his PMs. I do NOT praise him into being a "mythical being" or something like that. Note the difference between those two. Note how you have been threatening/trying to get me banned for some time now. Observe, think, conclude.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:01 PM   #19
Dulan

Show me where I have been trying or threatening to get you banned, Seth.

I think your imagination is running wild. I don't get people banned for arguing with me.

-D
Old 05-08-2002, 09:40 AM   #20
Shao_Long

what is that thing you call 'common courtesy' ?
i dont think you explained that before,so try to stop repeating yourself and tell me..im very courious to know..